7th president of the united states
Biography Before Becoming President
Without specific instructions, he led his forces into the Spanish territory of Florida and captured the outpost of Pensacola in November 1814 before following British troops to New Orleans.
What did he do as president
Dismantled the Second Bank of the United States in 1832 on policy grounds
Faced down South Carolina during the Nullification Crisis when state politicians declared they had the right to nullify tariff legislation and any other Federal law that went against state interests
5 interesting facts about Andrew jackson
- He was the target of the first attempted presidential assassination
- He was the only president to have been a former prisoner of war
- He adopted 2 native american boys
- He was a notorious gambler
- Jackson’s portrait appears on the $20 bill although he detested paper money.