By: Cy Heffron
I think George Halas is one of the greatest football men of all time. His additions and innovations to the game of football have helped mold it into what it is today. Although he lived a long while ago, I think Halas can still be regarded as one of the best Bears players ever. We need to all remember our roots and where our great American game has come from.
5 Facts about George Halas
- George was born on February 2nd of 1895.
- George died on October 31st of 1983.
- He played end (another name for receiver) for Illinois in the early 1920's.
- He served three different stints as a head coach of the Bears.
- He was also one of the cofounders of today's NFL.