Inside Scoop of EHP
Newsletter for EHP Site Reps and Principals
April 2017 Edition
Site Allocations for 2016-17 School year
UPDATED Allocations are given to each site on an annual basis.
Site Representatives are encouraged to use these funds in the following ways:
A. hosting wellness events or classes which serve all employees of your site
B. supporting participation in District-coordinated EHP events such as 10K-a day,
Bike/Walk to Work or Shake it Up Challenge
C. rewarding site employees in achieving wellness goals
Invoices and Receipts must be turned in to Jan Lundquist within 1 week of receiving. Gift cards can not be awarded and sales tax can not be paid or reimbursed. (auditor regulations)
Hydration Station Installation Project
1. Schools need to decide if they want a hydration station(s) by May 1st, 2017.
2. They contact Gretchen Bohl Gretchen.Bohl@blueearthcountymn.gov or Leah Mahoney Leah.email@example.com with SHIP in Blue Earth or Nicollet Counties to assure they are able to get the funds for the fountain(s) and to fill out a grant application. Kelsey Rounds can help with the grant application process.
3. Site allocations and Student Wellness funds could help pay for some of the cost because these fountains are focused on student health and funds are available. Again, Kelsey Rounds can help with this determination process.
4. Schools submit an application to EHP by May 14th. Application must indicate how much SHIP is able to help with the costs.
5. District Facilities puts out a request for quote for the units and installation, once the total number of fountains has been determined.
6. Install hydration stations summer 2017.
7. Each Building develops their plan to promote use of the hydration station by students and staff. All MAPS staff members receive a MAPS/EHP water bottle during back to school event in fall 2017.
May 2017 MAPS Shake It Up!
Employee Assistance Program
1. All MAPS employees will now receive the EHP FYI SMORE on a monthly basis.
2. You will receive the Inside Scoop on a periodic basis to update you on allocations, and provide feedback. Like here......
3. If you have questions, comments or ideas = Share them with us here
4. Help promote the year's events and build excitement within your team