The Scouts Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Danielle's email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's email: Leandra@ilovethetotspot.com
Teacher's Email: email@example.com
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
“Inspiration exist, but it has to find you working.”
Special Events & Birthdays!!!
October 2: Asher
Closed for Labor Day: Sept. 3rd
Welcome Gianna: Sept. 10th
Tuttle's Orchard: Oct. 15th
Parent Teacher Conferences: Oct. 9th-11th
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
- · Physicals were due in August so if you forgot please get it turned in ASAP.
- · Why are they due in August? So that we don't have to keep track and spend precious time hounding parents to turn them in to the school. This way they're always done and we can spend more time shaping the minds of these precious kiddos. This is very much appreciated!
- · So if my kiddos birthday is in January and they have their well check visit..do I need to turn in another physical? Nope. You only need to turn in updated shot records and the physical every August.
- · Also, don't forget to apply sunscreen before coming to school. Head to toe and we will reapply at AM and PM snack. Thank ya!
In The Classrooms!
Goodbye to our friend Max. We'll miss you dude! The Stuart's are welcoming back Alec and Scarlett and also have Cayden moving up from the Littles. Ms. Corrine and the Scouts will be welcoming Gianna!
Also it's sad that some of our friends are growing up and they will be headed to Ms. Alisha's classroom next door. On a good note...it's right next door. Ms. Ericka and the new 2's (Gavin, Graham, Jalen, and Zayn) will be joining Ms. Mikayla's class the last week of September.
Please make sure your child comes in with sun block and NO open toe shoes please!
Our Friends will be Honey Horse, Timothy Tiger, and Inny Inchworm!
Sensory, Art, Science: For H week we will be making honey bubbles, horses made out of noodles, play horse shoe, and pin the tail on honey horse! For T week we will be paint ourselves as tiger, make tigers, play with jungle play dough, and crawl through the vines! And for I week we are going to make egg carton inchworms, see dancing worms, and us magnets to pick up inchworms!
Math, Color, Sorting shapes:
For math we will be counting horses, tiger, and inchworms. We will also be discussing the colors and comparing sizes of these animals. We will also count tiger stripes and measure inchworms.
We are really tackling going potty, using kind words, and using table manners.
We will be reviewing H, T, and I
Operation Tot Spot Gives Back!!
Did you know one of our students is a recipient of VIPS. VIPS provides early intervention services to Indiana's youngest children with blindness and low vision. Services include evaluations, in-home visits, and access to resources that help parents and caregivers better understand and support their child with visual impairment. They are in need of items to be able to help more children out in our Indianapolis area. I will attach the wish list below. We will be collecting these items until the end of September. If you are able to donate of these items they will be greatly appreciated! If you have any questions please see Ms. Le Andra or Ms. Alisha. Thanks!! If you want more information about VIPS here is their website: https://vips.org/
- Manilla Folders
- White Computer Paper
- "Glasses" Board Book on Amazon
- Jingle Bells
- Mylar Material
- Baby Wipes
- Red or Yellow Slinkies
- Paper Plates and napkins
- Snacks for Events
- Grocery Store Gift Cards for Family Events
Ready for some back to school books? Scholastic is BACK!! Check out all the deals for this month!! Scholastic will be sent out September 11th and will orders will be due September 20th. Our online code is HQ686
Look how much we've grown this month!!
All About our Parents!
Thank you parents for the on going support! You guys are awesome!!
We so appreciate your patience with the new fingerprint systems and supporting our fundraising efforts such as parent's night out!
Would you like to donate?
For the classroom we are in need of contact paper and food coloring!
We're adding some awesomeness to our outdoor play space. Mikayla and Corrine are tackling this big job. We are in need of old pot, pans, utensils, and wooden planks. They are planning to create a music wall, mud kitchen, and reading area. Please let us know if you have anything that you'd like to donate for our cause. Thank you!
Healthy Start Wisdom
The Book Nook
The Teacher Spotlight!
If you didn't have to sleep what would you do with the extra time and why?
- Ms. Corrine: To either binge watch Netflix or clean
- Ms. Mikayla: I'd catch up on some reading since it seems like I'm always pushing it off. I would like to think that I would do some housekeeping chores too but I think I would probably still procrastinate
- Ms. Hailey: probably still sleep cause I love to sleep
- Ms. Alisha: Read because it’s the best thing ever! You can always escape to interesting places and “meet” all sort of people.
- Mr. Mike: exercise because I wouldn’t be tired!!!
- Ms. Danielle: I’d still sleep. Sleeping is my favorite thing to do. I could sleep all day
- Ms. LeAndra: If I didn't have to sleep I would catch up on all my favorite TV shows I'm way behind on. I would also spend more time with family and friends during the day and then work on house chores at night.
- Ms. Katie: If I didn't have to sleep, I would spend my extra time to go do fun things with my son that I won't do on the weekends because they're packed. Examples include, Children's Museum, the Zoo, etc.
- Ms. Erin: Read more, I have all these books, and never enough time to read all of them.
- Ms. Maggie: If I didn't have to sleep I would catch up with my DVR. I would catch up with my DVR because I am always a couple of episodes behind
- Ms. Rachel: Probably play video games, and read more books
- Ms. Hailey: probably still sleep cause I love to sleep