Newsletter October 28th
Why Plan Backwards?
How do you plan your instruction? The purpose of planning backwards is to insure that instruction is thoughtful and designed to lead to student success on the final assessment of a lesson's language and content objectives.
- Determine the unit and lesson focus.
- Determine the content and language objectives.
- Determine how the objectives will be assessed.
- Give a quick pre-test to assess prior knowledge about the concept.
- Present instruction focusing on reading, writing, interaction and discussion points.
- Use ESL strategies to increase comprehensible input.
- Reteach throughout the unit, as necessary.