Third Grade Language Arts Lesson
Fresh From the Farm
- 3.RN.1: Read and comprehend a variety of nonfiction within a range of complexity appropriate for grades 2-3. By the end of grade 3, students interact with texts proficiently and independently.
- 3.RN.2.1: Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
- 3.RV.1: Build and use accurately conversational, general academic, and content-specific words and phrases.
- 3.RV.3.2: Determine the meanings of general academic and content-specific words and phrases in a nonfiction text relevant to a third grade topic or subject area.
Watch this video about Farmer's Markets!
Before Reading Poll
Article - AT LEAST 7 minutes of reading
Graph - Read it!
FAQ Sheet - Read it!
Activity - Answer the six multiple choice questions.
You DO NOT need to do the Thought Question for this lesson!
eLearning Lesson - Fresh from the Farm
Achieve 3000 Short Answer Questions
7. Study the graph called “Number of Farmers’ Markets in the U.S.” What can you tell about farmers’ markets in the U.S.
8. Think about how “Farmers’ Markets: Frequently Asked Question”(FAQ) is written. Explain what the writer of an FAQ must do.
Explore the following if you need additional help understanding this lesson!
[optional... you may want to insert a "button" that takes students directly to their next lesson.]