VAMS Panther Pause Newsletter
May 20, 2016
- Friday, May 20 - 8th Grade Dance @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm in the VAMS cafeteria - Sunday dress encouraged, no fee to enter, all food/drinks are free, there will be a DJ and a photographer
- Saturday, May 21 - VAMS Theatre Arts Spring Musical @ 7:30 pm in the VAMS cafeteria (more information below)
- Monday, May 23 - No School
- Tuesday, May 24 - Star Card Trip Permission Slips Due
- Tuesday, May 24 - Choir Field trip to Sandy Lake
- Tuesday, May 24 - Student Council Field Trip
- Tuesday, May 24 - 4th Grade Parent Meeting @ 6:00 in the VAMS Cafeteria
- Wednesday, May 25 - 5th Grade field trip to Loy Lake Park Conservation Day
- Wednesday, May 25 - Yearbooking Signing at 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 25 - BOYS ONLY - Middle school and high school athlete physicals @ 5:00pm at ATC (more information and paperwork below)
- Thursday, May 26 - 5th/6th Grade Star Card Trip to Amazing Jake's
- Thursday, May 26 - 8th Grade Field Trip to Perot Museum
- Thrusday, May 26 - Band Spring Concert at VAHS from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Friday, May 27 - 7th/8th Grade Star Card Trip to Amazing Jake's
- Friday, May 27 - Star Card iPod in advisory
- Monday, May 30 - No school
- Tuesday, June 1 - 5th Grade Field Trip to Dallas Heritage Village
- Tuesday, June 1 - 7th Grade Field Trip to the Sherman Cinemark Theatre
- Thursday, June 2 - Report Cards Go Home - Last Day of School - Early Release at 1:25 pm.
Teacher of the Month
Kids vs Coaches Basketball Game
Team Up for the Loftice Family
End of Year Awards Programs Information
Please see the dates and times below.
Youth Digital Summer Camp
Van Alstyne ISD in partnership with Region 10 Education Service Center and Youth Digital is offering 2 Digital Youth Camps this summer for students age 10 -16.
Youth Digital empowers kids and teens to be digital creators, designers, animators, programmers and developers. The course work provides campers a comprehensive learning experience that is amazingly fun, highly interactive and extremely effective.
Campers watch videos, respond to questions, earn badges, and complete challenging assignments and quizzes as they step toward mastering critical technology skills and professional-level software. Computers are provided at the camp site. No prior programming or design experience is necessary. Youth Digital summer camp courses are designed to make learning new digital skills fun and effective. Campers will be guided through every step, from downloading the software to submitting your final project.
Click on the button below for more information.
Kids Eat Free
Click this link for information about the Athletic Summer Camps
Physicals for ALL boy middle school and high school athletes is May 25th at 5:00 pm at the ATC.
EACH ATHLETE must have a physical and complete ALL of the forms in the link below.
Please make sure you complete EACH form and take them with you at the time of physicals.
Dress Code Reminders
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be no more than 2 ½” above the knee.
- Anything form-fitting, such as: spandex shorts, bicycle shorts, tights, leggings, yoga pants, and leotards may only be worn under shorts or skirts that meet the school dress code.
- All outer garments must have sleeves (cap sleeves are permitted). “Spaghetti straps” or “tank tops” are not allowed. No see-through garments are allowed unless the undergarment beneath meets the school dress code. Shoulders must be covered.
- Garments that are torn, cut inappropriately, or have holes are not permitted.
Lost and Found
Click this button to access the Volunteer Approval Form. We appreciate our volunteers!