Life in Maryland
Chesapeake Bay Colony
- Maryland served as a safe haven for Catholics from England
- Maryland was considered to be religious compared to other southern colonies
- To make a living field work for men and women who were previously slaves
- Fishing, lumbering, and shipping
- Grew tobacco, indigo, and rice
- Also known as Lord Baltimore founded the colony of Maryland
- Was an English politician and colonizer
- Was appointed by George Washington to survey the District of Columbia
- Born as a freed slave and taught himself to read and write
"Maryland." Info Please. Info Please, 10 Sept 2012. Web. 12 Sep 2013.
Burgon, Michael. "The Maryland Colony." Avoca School District 37. Avoca, 10 Feb. 2011. Web.12 Sep 2013. <http://avoca37.org/12tristanj/2011/02/10/the-maryland-colony/>.