SEPTEMBER Huskie Howl
September 1, 2022
SEPTEMBER HUSKIE HOWL
NOTE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Hello SBE Families!
It is with pleasure that we welcome the students and families of the Shadow Butte Elementary School community to the 2022-2023 school year. Our staff is committed to providing an outstanding learning experience for all our students. We are dedicated to the success of each student.
As we work together during the year, I encourage you to communicate with us on how you and your child/children are experiencing school. Through open communication, teamwork and a dedication to excellence, we promise this year to be a rewarding and enjoyable school year!
- Principal Christina Nava
UPCOMING EVENTS / CALENDAR
September 1 - Fall school pictures (retakes scheduled for October 26th)
September 5 - No school - Labor Day
September 16 - Huskie Hustle t-shirt orders due
September 30 - Homecoming Parade
MEET OUR NEW STAFF
PARENT PICK UP PROCEDURES
For safety reasons, we have moved staff parking to the lot on the corner of Idaho and Mesa, We ask that parents not park in the staff parking so students and parents are not crossing traffic and in between moving cars.
When pulling up in the pick up line DO NOT exit the car, if your student needs extra help, park in the lot closest to the school. This is safest method for all students and keeps the traffic from gathering on Idaho Blvd.
We are working on a few more safety features and will communicate in Monday folders and in our newsletter. Thanks again for helping us keep our students safe!
NOTE FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE
Emmett Lions Club Vision Screening October 10th and 11th:
The Emmett Lions Club will be here to provide vision screenings again this year for our students. If your student wears glasses, please be sure they bring them both days. After the screenings, you will receive a referral letter from the school nurse if there are any concerns.
Back to School
Now that summer has ended and we are all inside together, we have to work to protect each other.
Please reinforce with your child to take these simple steps to help slow the spread of germs that cause respiratory illness.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or their inner elbow.
- Wash hands often with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- If your child has a respiratory illness, like the flu, limit contact with others as much as possible to help prevent spreading illness. Keep your child home for at least 24 hours after the fever is gone, without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.
- If you have questions about Covid and staying home, please call the school nurse.
READING CLUB STARTS OCTOBER 1st
Welcome to the new year in the library. We are starting a Reading Club October 1st. Every student is invited to participate! At the beginning of each month a Reading Club calendar will be sent home. Each day students read for 20 minutes (or more!) parents will initial that date. At the end of the month, students can bring their completed calendar to Mrs. Nebeker in the library for a prize AND to be entered in the monthly drawing for a new book!
Sign up Today for the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. A Parent Portal Account will give you access to pay for Lunches Online, view Student Attendance, view Student Grades (4th and 5th Grades), and receive School Correspondence. Call the School Office to be signed up and your will receive your User Name and Password to get started then you can download and use the mobile app.
Information on Free & Reduced Lunches
Reminder there is a charge for Breakfast and Lunches this year. If you are wanting to apply for Free and Reduced Lunch, we have applications in the office and can also be accessed on the district website with the link below.
- Email the PTO at email@example.com with any curiosities or suggestions you have.
- Stay up-to-date with PTO volunteer opportunities and event reminders on our social platforms.
- Sign up to receive text messages from the PTO for events, activities, reminders, and more!
- Check out our NEW & IMPROVED webpage on the Shadow Butte website as a resource for getting invovled.
Have you seen our NEW PTO board?! Be sure to stop by and check it out (on the right-hand side as you enter through the main doors). We will regularly update this with new information and events. Use this resource as a way to stay up-to-date with all things Shadow Butte PTO!
Thank you to all our parent volunteers (and some teachers) who came out to chalk up the sidewalk, entryway, and back entrance concrete for our Huskies' first day of school.
- Join us for the next PTO meeting on Tuesday, September 20th @ 5:30 PM in the Shadow Butte library.
- If you missed our last meeting, review the takeaways for more information:
Our Domino's Pizza Dough Night has been changed to the first Thursday of every month. The first Dough Night will be October 6th.