February 25, 2022
Message from Dr. Frischkorn
Good Evening Mayfield!
It's impossible to not get excited as we approach the end of February and the warm spring weather and longer days filled with sunshine! Here at Mayfield, students continue to stay engaged in the classroom and participate in student-centered learning opportunities. Our teachers are making sure that our students are prepared for the upcoming SOL assessments at the end of the year and it's going to be a time for us to celebrate the growth of our students!
Dr. Donald Frischkorn
Black History Month Presentation
Registration for Rising 7th Grade Students (Going to Metz Middle School Next Year)
Please find registration information below:
“Over the next two weeks, our Mayfield school counseling team will be preparing the 6th-grade students for Metz middle school. The school counselors will be showing the students videos that highlight the key things they need to know about going to middle school and how to register for their 7th-grade classes. Please see the schedule below to see when a school counselor will be presenting the options to your child. After the presentation, all students will be coming home with a letter from Metz regarding registration and a letter containing their login information for PowerSchool. Registration for Metz will be completed at home. All 6th-grade students will need to register online through PowerSchool by March 11th, 2022. Parents, please support your child with this process. Don’t hesitate to contact your child’s Metz or Mayfield school counselor if you have registration questions.
- Monday 2/28: Mrs. Cough and Mr. Pittman’s homerooms
- Tuesday 3/1: Mrs. Carmichael and Mr. Ruffner’s homerooms
- Wednesday 3/2: Mrs. Heffley and Mrs. Birmingham’s homerooms
- Thursday 3/3: Ms. Farmer and Ms. Urban’s homerooms
- Friday 3/4: Ms. Broskey and Mr. Stubler’s homerooms
- Monday 3/7: Mrs. Blasie and Mrs. Webb’s homerooms
- Tuesday 3/8: Ms. Torres Gonzalez and Mrs. Stubler(Mrs. Belch)’s homerooms
- Wednesday 3/9: Ms. Innamorato and Mrs. Preidis’ homerooms
Click HERE for a letter from the Metz School Counseling Team.
HERE is the registration presentation for students in English
HERE is the registration presentation for students in Spanish
HERE is a course selection/registration how-to in English
Art Club and Mayfield 5th Grade Basketball Sign-ups!
Additionally, the 5th grade Mayfield Bobcat basketball program is also about to start. Students must be signed up by Monday, February 28.
Manassas Reads Book Donations
A Day/B Day Schedule for the Next 2 Weeks
Monday, February 28: B-Day
Tuesday, March 1: A-Day
Wednesday, March 2: B-Day
Thursday, March 3: A-Day
Friday, March 4: B-Day
Monday, March 7: A-Day
Tuesday, March 8: B-Day
Wednesday, March 9: A-Day
Thursday, March 10: B-Day
Friday, March 11: A-Day
Important Dates Coming Up
- March 11, 2022: End of the 3rd Quarter
- March 14, 2022: Teacher Workday, No school for students
- April 11-15 2022: Spring Break
- April 18, 2022: Professional Day, No school for students