5th Grade News!
For the Week of September 7 - September 11
- Using mentor texts to discuss elements of fiction
- identifying the characteristics of an imaginative story
- ***Subject/Predicate Assignment on Friday, September 11***
- Using physical properties of matter to investigate matter
Using equations to solve problems
***Math Test over decimals and equations - Friday, September 11***
- Researching our elected officials
- identifying climate, vegetation, and landforms in the United States
- ***Quiz on Friday, September 11 over states, capitals, and the Pledge of Allegiance***
Due FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11
Math - Homework #1
Reading - Frindle: Create Your Own Word Assignment
Science - Matter Homework
Information and News
- Labor Day Holiday: September 7
- Wolfpack Chorale Camp - September 10, 4:00pm - 5:00pm (Permission slip required; sent home on Tuesday, September 1)
- Back to School Night: September 15, 6:00pm
- Deadline for GT Screening Parent Checklist: September 21
- If your child is interested in Robotics Academy, please go to www.katyrobotics.com for more information.
- Packpon information went home in Tuesday folders on 9/1/15. If you would like to purchase Packpons, please return the slip and your payment. You may buy Packpons at any time during the year. Ask your child's homeroom teacher for details.
- We encourage students to bring devices such as smart phones and tablets, as we use these for instructional purposes in the classroom. We ask that these devices not be left at school, but be taken home each night.
- If you have not filled out the Homeroom Contact Form, please take a few minutes to do so. This will be the main way you will be contacted by homeroom parents for classroom information, it gives you a chance to register your information in the school directory and birthday lists, and it registers your children to receive their FREE Core Essentials t-shirt provided by the PTA. Filling out this form does not commit you to anything or sign you up for the PTA.