The Friday Flyer
From Boone Meadow Elementary School
Valentine's Day Parties
A few important items to note:
- We are incredibly grateful for the volume of support we receive from families and school community at Boone Meadow. Although thankful, some classrooms have become too heavy on numbers for classroom parties to go smoothly. Therefore, the classroom teachers will have a limited number of volunteer slots available for the parties. This information will be conveyed to families in upcoming weeks.
- If you are volunteering for the party, district policy requires you must have a FULL background check on file. If you don't yet have a FULL background check, you will need to apply for that as soon as possible as it takes 7-10 business days to be completed. You can apply for the background check by clicking here.
- In addition, volunteering requires undivided attention in order to assist in a creating a smooth event. Please remember that siblings to students should not attend the party with volunteers. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- As you are shopping for Valentines to share with classmates, we encourage you to select cards and/or trinkets that are inedible. This could include pencils, erasers, stickers, etc. Providing non-edible Valentines assists us in our pursuit to ensure that all students can have a safe and fun celebration.
Thank you for your cooperation
BME TALENT SHOW
Students and teachers are invited to dust off their tutus, tune up their instruments, and warm up their voices for an afternoon of entertainment for all to enjoy! Mark your calendars for February 3rd at 2:30 for the BME Talent Show! Sign up started on January 13th, a flyer was sent home with detailed information. Questions can be directed to our PTO planners: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events & Important Info
January 22nd - NWEA Make-up Testing @ BME
January 25th - 2nd Grade field trip to Clowes Hall
January 27th - Talent Show Rehearsal @ 2:30
February 3rd - Talent Show in BME Cafe @ 2:30
February 14th (or 9th)- Valentine Day Celebration (see message above)
February 19th - Presidents Day - No School
February 20th - No School for Students (Professional Development Day for Staff)
February 23rd - BME Mixer at Golf Club of Indiana 6:30pm - Sponsored by PTO - See below
March 28th - Kindergarten Round-Up @ BME (More information will be shared in coming weeks)
March 30th - April 6th - Spring Break (No school)
PLEASE mark your calendars for May 25th as our make-up day due to the 1/12/18 inclement weather cancellation.
Baby Cunningham has arrived!
Winter Weather Reminders:
As Old Man Winter prepares to roll in, please be sure to send your student to school appropriately dressed for the weather as it grows colder and snow is on the ground. As stated in the handbook:
As the weather turns colder, each child needs a winter coat, hat, and gloves. Snow pants and boots are required when there is snow on the ground.
Students without snow pants and boots (when there is snow on the ground) will only be permitted to play on the cleared blacktop.
All children play outside except on rainy, icy, or very cold days (wind chill below the 10-20 degree range)." Inside recess will be held on those exceptional days.
For more information regarding our procedures for school delays and closings please visit our website.
BOONE MEADOW MIXER IS COMING FEBRUARY 23RD
Friday / February / 23rd / 6:30pm
The Cardinal Room
Golf Club of Indiana
6905 S. 525 E
Lebanon, IN 46052
Early bird ticket price $30 per person before January 31st. After January 31st, tickets are $35 per person.
Ticket price includes: heavy hors d'oeurves and 2 drink tickets for beer and wine. Soda and water are free of charge.
Tickets can be purchased by sending in a check or cash to the school or through Paypal (BoonemeadowPTO@gmail.com)
More details to come!
Texts from SchoolMessenger
Parenting in the Digital Age
Parenting is never easy. But today's parents have to grapple with a wired world in a way that no other generation has ever had to before. This ever-evolving digital landscape can be daunting to navigate.
Join ZCS in a 5-part series on Parenting in the Digital Age. This series will take place over the winter months and focus on keeping our students safe and healthy in the digital world while weighing the potential benefits and possible negative effects of social media. All presentations will be from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Board Room at the Educational Service Center.
For dates and information on the sessions, click here!
Looking for a part time job?
ZCS is in need of expanding the substitue teacher pool. In addition, ZCS Food Service positions are now available at several of the ZCS cafeterias. Click here to apply directly and call 317-733-4804 with any questions!
Check here to see what else is going on in our community.
Strong in Every Way
Click here to learn more about ZCS's human capital campaign!
Volunteers and Visitor Background Checks
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VOLUNTEERS
We value partnerships with our families and welcome parents and guardians to serve as volunteers in our schools. Each ZCS building offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities.
- Field Trip Chaperones
- Out of Town/Overnight Chaperones
- Volunteer Coaches
- Classroom Helpers (PTO parties/room parents)
- Library Helpers
- After Prom Workers
- Field Day/Jog-A-Thon Volunteers
- Book Fair Sales/Athletic Ticket Sales
During the school day, all volunteers are expected to sign in at the front office. Prior to the volunteer opportunity, all volunteers must sign a Non-disclosure Acknowledgement Form and have successfully completed a Full Criminal History Background Check. Necessary background check paperwork is available on the ZCS website at the Volunteers/BRAVO link and should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the intended volunteer date. Volunteers must also view the state mandated confidentiality/bullying video, provided on the Volunteer/BRAVO website. The volunteer will pay the fee* for the full background check which will expire after 5 years. The link to apply for the full background check can be accessed on the Volunteers/BRAVO link on the ZCS main webpage. For more information, contact the Volunteer/BRAVO Coordinator.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VISITORS
During the school day, all visitors must enter via the front door and sign-in at the front office. Visitors need to be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors will be issued a visitor badge/tag to be worn inside the building at all times.
- Lunch Guests
- Classroom Guest Speakers
- Classroom Special Events (Grandparent Day/Famous Hoosiers/etc.)
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
We ask that all visitors schedule an appointment to meet with teachers, counselors, administrators and all other staff members so that we may best serve everyone. Visitors other than parents/guardians must be prearranged and organized through the main office.
*ZCS thanks all volunteers for generous support of our youth and schools. Thank you, too, for supporting assurance of student and staff safety by completing and paying for a volunteer background check.