Let's try something healthy!
By Devyn Gold
What's the meal?
What's in the pizza, and what makes it a healthy meal as apposed to other meals?
(Serving a family of four)
- 1 can (10.75-ounces) Campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Lower fat than many competing brands
- 1 prepared pizza crust (Whole grain/ or wheat if you'd like)
- A healthy alternative to white crust, and you get your grains!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Smarter and better for a healthy diet as apposed to canola oil
- 3 cups frozen vegetables/fruit (tomatoes, peppers, broccoli etc.)
- It's important to get your daily serving of vegetables and fruit!
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Instead of using salt to spice up this delicious meal
- 1 (10-ounces) refrigerated cooked chicken strips
- Better than buying breaded, unhealthy and processed chicken!
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- A healthy way to get your dairy in a meal
- dried oregano or crushed red pepper
- This will give your meal a nice, healthy, zesty kick to it!
This delicious meal can include all 5 food groups!
Meal Planning Elements
The steps are simple!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread the soup on the crust to within 1/4 inch of the edge.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add the vegetables and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the vegetables on the pizza.
- Top with the chicken and cheese. Sprinkle with the oregano, if desired.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
What are the safety procedures of this meal?
2. Wash your hands to kill any harmful bacteria
3. Use a cutting board and carefully cut all things with the knife pointed away from you, incase of injury.
4. Be sure to separate all food groups and use separate knifes for each food, or clean utensils after each use to prevent any bacteria from transferring to and from individual foods.
5. When cooking the food, be sure to cook for the entire designated time, to be sure that all of the harmful bacteria is killed and it's safe to eat.
6. Clean any mess within the process of making this meal.