August 30, 2020
Together We: Learn, Grow, Lead
Tomorrow I will welcome back all of our faculty & staff to the building. If I'm being honest, they've been here (virtually) all summer preparing for the 2020-2021 school year. As we kick-off this school year, I ask that we as parents & community members remember how amazing our educators are. We must show grace and patience for one another as we navigate this school year. Many of our faculty & staff are parents and facing the same challenges you are. Our team is 100% committed to our mission of serving every child, everyday! I have shared with staff that our main focus is building relationships with our students/families & guiding them through how to navigate this new way of learning. Together we will learn, grow, and lead our Bulldogs to strong academic success!
We plan to kick-off the school year with several opportunities for students to engage with their teachers & for parents to learn more about what's in store for this school year:
- Tuesday, Sept. 1 - Teacher assignments will be announced via email with a Flipgrid video introducing the teacher to their students. These videos will be sent via Schoolmessenger between 6:00 - 7:00 pm. Each teacher will also follow up with an email that evening.
- Wednesday, Sept. 2 - Yearbooks are in! All 2019-2020 GHES students (rising 6th included) that ordered yearbooks are asked to drive by our bus loop between 5:00 - 6:00 pm to pick yours up. If you'd rather grab it during our Beep n' Greet, we will place it in your students supply bag.
- Thursday, Sept. 3 - Virtual Open House - links will be shared via email from Principal Jones on Tuesday. You may join your child's teacher(s) for either of the three sessions - 11:30, 12:00, & 12:30.
- Thursday, Sept. 3 - Beep n' Greet - Meet your teacher & pick up your instructional supplies between the hours of 4:00 - 6:00 pm. If your last name starts with A-K, please try to come between 4:00 and 5:00 pm. If your last name starts with L-Z, please try to come between 5:00 - 6:00 pm. The most important part is that you come! We only separated by alphabet letters to try and help with traffic and lines, but if you can’t come during your time, please come when you can. Don’t everyone show up right at 4:00 on us - please stagger!
We are asking parents to partner with us and reinforce our Bulldog Pride expectations (shared below) prior to Sept. 8 - PDF file linked below with details.
- Please note elementary school families still in need of a Chromebook for their student should contact your child’s school to arrange for a pickup. Elementary school students will NOT receive a Chromebook at the repair/support next week.
- The Technology team has created a Chromebook Basics website for parents and students. This site includes information related to initial log-ins, student usernames and passwords, accessing learning applications the school division will use, obtaining Chromebook support, and fixing connection issues. We hope this site will help as students and families prepare for the September 8 launch of virtual learning.
- Service Desk sites/times: https://mychesterfieldschools.com/chromebook-support-hours/
- Chromebook FAQ: https://sites.google.com/ccpsnet.net/cb-basics/home
Families are invited next week to the following opportunities:
- Tuesday, September 1: Thomas Dale High at 3626 West Hundred Road, Chester, VA 23831, from 8-11 a.m.
- Thursday, September 3: Clover Hill High at 13301 Kelly Green Lane, Midlothian, VA 23112 from 1:30-6:30 p.m.
Please see the attached document for an update regarding breakfast and lunch services: meals.pdf
Don't forget to follow Grange Hall on social media via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as we prepare to kick-off the new school year!
We are Bulldog Strong in 2020!
With love and appreciation,
Principal & Lead Learner
August MAP Administration 2020
We are very excited that our students will have the option to take their NWEA MAP tests from home before school starts. We believe this opportunity will allow your child’s teacher to begin planning more meaningful instruction even before the school year begins.
Your students can take the Math MAP test at anytime during these times:
- August 31 to September 4 from 8 am to 3:30 pm.
- On Tuesday, September 1 testing will be available until 7 pm
If your child is unable to take either of these tests when scheduled, additional opportunities will be provided in September once the new school year has begun. No student will ever be penalized or disadvantaged in any way if they can’t test until school starts.
To take this test, you may use a Chromebook or nearly any other mobile device with internet connectivity. Prior to your testing date you should try at least one practice test to make sure the test runs well on your mobile device.
To take a MAP test or practice test, click on the “Home MAP Testing” link on our school website. This link will also appear on the dashboard when you log into your CCPS student account. From here you can find all the information needed to take your MAP tests. There will also be information here to help you reach a test proctor in case you need help logging into your tests.
PTA Updates 2020
PTA will have Kindergarten t-shirts (sizes S & XS) and hairbows for sale during the Yearbook pick up on Weds. Sept. 2 from 5:00 - 6:00 pm - GHES bus loop. T-shirts are $15.00 and hairbows are $10.00.
Our 1st PTA General Membership Meeting will be held on Thursday September 24th at 6pm. This will be a virtual meeting so we will be advertising the link on our Facebook page and PTA page.
-Save all of your denim! Denim Drive has been postponed until the Spring, so start saving! We have placed a black bin outside the main office doors. You may drop your denim in that bin anytime.
Our PTA board is in need of someone to fill the Secretary position. If you are interested, please contact Katie Imel, PTA President @ email@example.com.