Civano Community School
January 14, 2020
The Road Ahead....
Please fill out this form no later than February 1st. If you need more time, have any questions, or need clarification, please contact Lydia Crain at 879-1718 or email@example.com.
Updated Play Information
“DRAMA & MUSIC MOMENT”
Civano drama and music students continue to prepare for our plays to be performed for you on Thursday, January 30, 2020, from 6:30-8:00pm at Vail Theatre of the Arts. Each grade level has its own performance.
Drama Dates to Remember:
- Tuesday, January 14th / 8:00am-3:00pm / All Grade Levels / Practice in Class
- Friday, January 17th / 3:00-4:30pm / “Back to Break” rehearsal / Civano’s MPR.
- Tuesday, January 21st / 8:00am-3:00pm / All Grade Levels / Practice in Class – Dress for part.
- Tuesday, January 21st / 3:00-4:30pm / “Back to Break”, music, sets, & props / MPR.
- Thursday, January 23rd / 3:00-4:30pm / set and prop work for all plays / MPR.
- Monday, January 27th / Morning Rehearsal / Upper School / VTOTA.
- Tuesday, January 28th / Morning Rehearsal / Lower School / VTOTA.
- Thursday, January 30th / Morning Practice / ALL students full dress rehearsal and run through all grade level performances / VTOTA.
- Thursday, January 30, 2020 @ 6:30pm – It’s SHOW Time @ VTOTA!
Our days are numbered before we perform. Please review your student’s part(s), music, prepare a costume, and possibly make a needed prop for their character in their skit. Let’s make sure everyone feels prepared and ready for their show!
If you would like to volunteer to help make any of our props, or have needed pieces for our sets, please let us know. Watch for our Sign-up genius this week for you to help, or share your talents with us.
If you have any questions you can contact me through my school email: firstname.lastname@example.org and I am in person at the school all day on Tuesdays. Your help is welcomed and appreciated.
Make sure you mark your calendars now and invite your family and friends to, “Come Watch Us Play!”
THANKS for your support!
Ms. Carolyn Trejo
Drama & Music Specialist
Civano Community School
* * * Tickets are on sale NOW in the school office * * *
Tickets are $3 each, cash or check payable to Civano Community School
Feed My Starving Children Field Trip Permission * DUE NOW!*
Scholastic Book Orders....
Hooray! Today you will find a Scholastic Book Order Flyer in your child’s purple folder. We do one book order (or the book fair) each quarter. Look through it with your child and when you’re ready to order…
We do all ordering online:
- Go to scholastic.com/readingclub
- Enter our one-time Class Activation Code
- -Lower school: GK3NJ
- -Upper school: R9G8Y
- Shop and submit your child's book order.
- Your books will be delivered directly to the classroom.
Remember, you help our classes earn FREE books and supplies with every order. Thank you for supporting your child’s reading both at home and in the classroom! All orders are due by Friday, January 31st.
High School Information....
High School Open House Programs
Wednesday, January 15th - CHS, EHS, VIC from 5:00-7:00pm
Thursday, January, 16th - APHS & VAHS from 5:00-7:00pm
Saturday, January 18th - MMHS from 10:00am-12:00pm
The online portal is open for 8th grade families to submit their high school choice rankings at https://vailhighschoolchoice.org and will remain open until Friday, January 31st.
You can find the Civano Family Calendar on our website or click HERE.
Jan 16 -- Lottery Information Meeting 6pm - 7pm
Jan 17 -- Feed My Starving Children Field Trip Grades 4-8
Jan 17 -- District Spelling Bee at VTOTA; grades 3-8
Jan 20 -- MLK Jr Day -- NO SCHOOL
Jan 21 -- Be Kind Club
Jan 27 -- US Play Rehearsal (AM)
Jan 27 -- Birthday Parade
Jan 27 -- STEM Scouts
Jan 28 -- LS Play Rehearsal (AM)
Jan 29 -- 1/2 Day -- Noon Dismissal
Jan 30 -- Watch Us Play! --Dress Rehearsal (AM) + Final Performances at the VTOTA -- 6:30pm
Jan 31 -- Book Orders Due
Feb 1 -- Next Year's Plans Notice Due
Feb 3 -- STEM Scouts
Feb 4 -- Be Kind Club
Feb 4 -- Middle School Information Night for Prospective Families
Feb 6 & 7 -- Parent-Teacher Conferences; 1/2 day; Noon Dismissal
Feb 14 -- 1/2 Day; Noon Dismissal
Feb 15 - Vail Pride Day at the Pima County Fairgrounds
Feb 20 & 21 -- Rodeo Break; No School
March 7 - 22 -- SPRING BREAK; No School