The Wolf Weekly
NRHS Principal's Newsletter
Newsletter Week of February 6, 2023
Dear Nashoba Regional High School Community,
We are in our final week before February vacation. The year is flying by! Our Spirit Captains have planned 4 Spirit Days to bring our community together and celebrate the days leading up to vacation. The themes are:
- Tuesday - Valentine's Day - pink/red/hearts
- Wednesday - Wacky Wednesday (the example I was given was two different shoes.........)
- Thursday - Crazy Hat Day
- Friday - they are doing Color Wars, we will wear Nashoba gear
We are excited that our Nashoba GSA will be hosting the Central MA GSA conference in the library tomorrow where we will host several area schools.
As we begin the scheduling process with our students, I wanted to also share our Program of Studies for the 2023-24 academic year.
Have a great week!
Dr. Kate Boynton, principal
NRHS Future Freshmen Night 2/16/23
SEPAC Business Meeting
Thursday, February 16th at 7pm to 8pm
We will be meeting the second Thursday of each month thereafter.
Please email agenda items or concerns to NashobaSEPAC@gmail.com
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/efi-kdib-rje
Or dial: (US) +1 406-686-2498 PIN: 632 235 954#
Class of 2023 Message from Guidance
Hello Class of 2023 - it's that time again.......time to get working on more applications! This time, however, the applications are for scholarships! A very important thing to remember about scholarships is that they aren't just for students with strong academics. Overall, there are a large variety of criteria that reach across all levels of students. You may not believe there is a scholarship for you, but take a closer look!
You can find available scholarships in your Naviance account - there are many scholarships open and waiting for you. We recently opened the Nashoba Regional Dollars for Scholars scholarships - they alone administer over $40,000.00 in awards each year! To access their scholarships, please see the attached information and instructions. Guidance will provide any requested supporting documents directly to them.
A few important reminders for all scholarships:
- Please follow the instructions for each scholarship carefully. You do not want to inadvertently disqualify yourself because you missed a box on a checklist.
- The deadlines are the deadlines - there are no exceptions, so please do not wait until the last minute! Give time for processing, mailing, etc.
- Guidance will provide supporting documents for outside scholarships as well. Because students may not view teacher or counselor recommendations, we will add the required supporting documents (letters of recommendation/transcripts) and submit your application for you. If you are applying for an outside scholarship, please bring your portion of the application to Guidance with enough lead time so that your donor receives it by the deadline.
On February 8th, volunteers from NRDfS will be available in the Media Center for parents and students to drop in and receive additional information and assistance regarding their scholarships. Parents, please sign in at the Main Office first if you would like to come in. Students may utilize their study, lunch, or after school time.
Seniors, if you have any questions, please stop by the Guidance Office - we are happy to help!
Nashoba Regional High School