The First Year Teacher
Rutherford County School Instructional Technology Program
An Overview of Technology Integration in Rutherford County Schools
What to expect:
- Email training will take place after being hired during Human Resources Orientation
- Meet your Tech Coach
- Email Invitations to First Year Teacher Technology Training from Jackie Williams - firstname.lastname@example.org or Jeannie Williams - email@example.com Training takes place during the regular school day with a paid substitute. There will be one day of training during your first year of teaching. We will learn technology integration strategies, standards curriculum resources, district subscription programs, and applications for learning.
- Your school Tech Coach will communicate opportunities for monthly after school Professional Development sessions. These sessions are for in-service credit and open to teachers across the district. Register for sessions using School Station - https://schstation.rcs.k12.tn.us/rutherford/ss5/login.php
- Get Kids on Keyboards or Devices - Tech Coaches are available to help teachers and students. Please ask them about digital citizenship and curriculum based model lessons and other team teaching opportunities.
Training and Professional Development for the First Year
· K-12 teachers are to attend new teacher technology training.
· This includes –K-12 in Core Areas teachers new to this county regardless of years experience in other school systems. (*Interim teachers not included)
· EXEMPT from training: art, library media, music, guidance, developmental or pre – kindergarten, or physical education
· K-12 classroom teachers will receive an email in advance with date, location, and additional information. Technology will pay for a substitute for these professional days. You will be given information to arrange for your sub. Since these are paid “teaching days,” in-service credit is not provided Most training sessions are held in the TSS Computer Lab held at the Board of Education - 2240 Southpark Blvd.
K-8 New Teacher Facilitator -