CRHS Student & Family Weekly Update
December 5-9, 2022
Colonel Richardson High School
Nikki VonDenBosch, Principal
Jared Sherman, Assistant Principal
Cia North, School Counselor (grades 9 and 11)
Office Phone: 410-479-3678
Google Voice Phone: 301-327-0714 (can receive texts)
Jennifer Reed, School Counselor (grades 10 and 12)
Office Phone: 410-479-3678
Google Voice Phone: 302-272-5313 (can receive texts)
Cindy Saathoff BSN, RN, School Nurse
Office Phone 410-479-3612
Emily Phillips, Attendance Administrative Assistant
Stephanie Carmine, Enrollment/Guidance Administrative Assistant
Wendy DuVall, Finance and Administration Administrative Assistant
Week at a Glance
- FALL MCAP English 10 Testing Day 1
- Spirit Day-College Day
- Senior Fruit Sale Delivery
- FALL MCAP English 10 Testing Day 2
- Spirit Day Camo Day
- 3-4 pm Art Club Meets
- GSA will meet on Tuesday (12/6) from 3-4 in Mrs. Kendall's room.
- Purple Club meeting on Tuesday 12/6 after school in room 432
- Boys Basketball at C-SD (2:00pm Dismissal)
- Girls Basketball vs. C-SD (5:00pm Start)
- FCA at 7:20 AM in the Auditorium
- FALL MCAP English 10 Testing Day 3
- Spirit Day Red Day
- Wrestling at Easton (3:15pm Departure)
- FALL MCAP English 10 Testing Day 4
- Spirit Day Green Day
- Leo Club will meet Thursday, directly after school, in Mrs. Bee’s room. New members are welcome. Reach out to Mrs. Bee with questions.
- FALL MCAP English 10 Testing Makeups
- Spirit Day White Day
- 10 am Club and Organization Yearbook Photos
- Girls Basketball at Washington (2:00pm Dismissal)
- Wrestling at C-SD Tournament (12:45pm Dismissal)- Wrestlers eat A or B Lunch
- Boys Basketball vs. Washington at Chesapeake College (2:45pm Departure)
- Wrestling at C-SD Tournament (7:00am Departure)
STATE TESTING DATES
ELA 10 MCAP testing is starting on Monday 12/5/22. One session will be completed per day for the MCAP assessments. Additionally, make-up assessments will be on Friday 12/9/22, and the following week, as needed.
MISA: 1/3/2023 - 1/6/2023 (make-ups the following week) (Science)
MCAP Math: 1/9/2023 - 1/12/2023 (make-ups 1/13 and following week) (Algebra)
HSA Government: 1/17/2023 -1/20/2023(make-ups the following week)
WIDA: 2/6/2023 -2/9/2023 (make-ups 2/10/2023, as needed) (ELL)
After school Programing Survey
In Summer 2022, Caroline County Public Schools (CCPS) engaged the services of FourPoint Education Partners, with support from the Maryland Leads Initiative, to assess and recommend strategies for strengthening and expanding school- and community-based afterschool and summer program offerings. As part of this review, FourPoint Education is conducting surveys with students, parents, and teachers to collect feedback on afterschool and summer programs and activities. Survey data will be a critical component of the findings and recommendations provided by the FourPoint team.
The survey will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. Please provide candid feedback. Your responses will be completely confidential. Please complete the survey by December 7th. Thank you for your participation in and support for this effort.
Click this link to begin the survey.
Promoting a healthy and safe environment for ALL students and staff:
CCPS is committed to providing a safe, respectful, nurturing educational environment where the worth and dignity of individuals are valued and their safety and rights are protected. Behaviors that compromise this environment, interfere with school operations, or are otherwise contrary to the basic mission of our public schools will not be tolerated. Bullying, hazing, harassment, or other discrimination affecting a student or a staff member should be reported by a victim, parent/guardian, witness, staff member, or other person having knowledge. Staff members with knowledge of such conduct are required to promptly report it to the building principal.
Caroline County Public Schools prohibits discrimination in its educational programs, and in employment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or disability.