August 26, 2022, Volume 14, Issue 3
Notes from the Principal
Hello Orchard Families,
We are looking forward to seeing everyone for Open House on Monday morning! Check out our Flipgrid introductions by clicking on this link: https://flip.com/410b3850 (type in Orchard22 for the password). You'll get to meet all of our staff and find out where you can find them at our Open House!
To settle everyone in for Tuesday:
- Check the calendar below for the first two weeks of school.
- If you are still not sure about bus routes and times, click on the link just below that.
- Parents who are thinking of doing pick-up/drop-off, there is a detailed map below.
Parents note: we are back to pre-pandemic school hours, the school day starts at 8:05.
And of course, the next week's lunch menu 🌮 is posted further down. Due to staffing shortages, we are not available to have a sandwich alternative at this time.
For our new families, do not worry when your child gets off the bus, our staff will be greeting the students as they arrive at school and assisting them in finding their new classroom.
For parents walking students to the front door, a quick hug and a wave (and a selfie) right outside the door. We appreciate you letting us take the reigns right when we get to the lobby door!
Have an awesome weekend; take some time each day to read with your child.
Transportation Services / Bus Schedules
Meet our Staff on Teacher Flips, Password: Orchard22
News from Our Medical Team
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year!
As we have moved into the endemic stage of COVID-19 our protocols regarding the disease are reflective of the current Vermont Department of Health and Center for Disease Control recommendations with a core set of infectious disease prevention strategies. Strategies include staying home when sick, good handwashing, staying up to date on vaccinations and cleaning frequently touched surfaces.
You can find our illness procedures, COVID-19 testing recommendations, how to request/find a test kit, and guidance for close contacts on the SBSD COVID-19 page. Here is the link. Please reach out to the nurse at your school for any questions.
Ticks are hardy and stubborn and still active!
- Check your body DAILY for ticks.
- Check out the CDC's website for helpful information about tick bite prevention, tick identification, tick removal and symptoms to look for during tick season.
Updates from our Director of Nutritional Services
Create a Lunch Account
Orchard students can receive a free breakfast and free lunch at school each day.
- Extra meal items and a la carte items, including milk, are not part of the USDA Free & Reduced meal programs. If your student brings lunch from home and wishes to purchase milk, the cost is $.50.
- Extra meal items and a la carte items may not be charged; a student must have funds in their account or pay cash at the register.
- All students will be assigned a pin # to be used for making a purchase from their lunch account. Don't worry! if your child can't quite remember their pin # yet, we can credit the account by name.
MySchoolBucks is an online payment service that provides a quick and easy way to add money to your student’s meal account using a credit/debit card or electronic check. You can also view recent purchases, check balances, and set up low-balance alerts for FREE!
Enrollment is easy!
Go to MySchoolBucks.com or download the mobile app and register for a free account.
Add your student(s) using their school name and student ID.
You will find the student ID, listed as Student Number, in the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
Make a payment to your student's accounts with your credit/debit card or electronic check.
Already have an account?
- Click on this link for a video on how to reset a password via mobile phone or via email.
- Click on this link to add another student to your account.
We are Hiring!
Required Annual Student Update for 2022-23
Get started today! Please register your student for the 2022-2023 School Year by completing the Annual Student Update forms. These forms provide the District with updated contact, medical, and transportation information, for the health and safety of our students. To complete your Annual Student Update, please log into the SBSD PowerSchool Parent Portal, click Forms, then click "Welcome! New Registrations and Annual Student Updates Start Here..." to get started. If you have questions or need assistance with this process, please contact your school/program directly.