9.22.16 Updates for Principals
- Oct. 3rd: RFF Interest Form(s) Due- Submit interest forms by 5:00 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: Cohort 1 schools must also submit renewal interest forms for current RFFs that they wish to renew)
- Oct. 17th: Seed Fund Initial Application Due
Save The Dates: October Cross Council Meetings
We will hold Cross Council meetings in each learning community on the following dates:
- October 19th: 6-8pm: Northesast Learning Community Cross Council
- October 25th: 6-8pm: Northwest Learning Community Cross Council
- October 27th: 6-8pm: Central Learning Community Cross Council
- November 1st: 6-8pm: South Learning Community and Achievement Zone Cross Council
This round of Cross Council Workshops will be designed as true workshops to assist Councils with the development of your RFF and/or Seed Fund proposals, and an opportunity to share plans and ideas with your feeder schools. Locations to be announced.
New Resource for High Schools: Universal Personal Fitness Waiver
Maintain Certification: Governance Training and Background Checks
Remember that in order to engage in the RFF or seed fund process, councils must be certified. Reach out to your facitliator if you have questions about your certification status.
All new Council members must complete governance training. New Council members must be trained within 60 days of joining a school governance council. Governance training sessions are offered every month. Click here to sign up for an upcoming governance training.
New parent and community Council members must also complete background checks through Fulton County Schools. Background checks will be offered at governance training sites.