FHN Happenings, December 15, 2014
Well, we have reached the home stretch! The break is near, and you certainly deserve one. It is just five days away if you are counting down:)!
As we progress through this week and head into finals, please take time to reflect on the wonderful things that you and your students have accomplished. This has been a very good first semester!
Please also remember that for some of our kids, school is the only place where they are consitently around a caring adult. As a result, some of our students will begin to act out because they are nervous about the break. I know you will be sensitive to this and will help them get through the week successfully.
I am so thankful for all that you do to make FHN a great place to grow and learn.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Enjoy your week!
- Congratulations to Students for FHN for staging a successful change war to raise money for the Crisis Nursery.
- Congratulation to the choir program on a wonderful and well-attended winter concert.
- Congratulations to band on a great winter concert!
- The faculty chats during lunch and after school on Wednesday were very productive. Thank you to everyone who attended.
If i missed anything, please let me know.
What is QFIC? Quality, Fidelity, Intensity and Consistency. You have heard people say that the objective needs to be QFIC. This means that all 4 recommendations are in place and being used with quality, fiedelity, intensity and consistency. You will be receiving an email with the walkthrough document that is being used in our building and by District office.
5 Quick Facts about a Colleague
Matt Watson-Social Studies:
- Hobbies: fishing, hunting, spending time with family and friends.
- Interesting facts: played college football at William Penn University.
- Education: Masters degree in Educational Administration from William Woods University.
- Passion: Working with kids
- Quote: Small town guy in a big city!
Who else we should get to know?
App of the Week
Magisto is a fun and easy way to automatically edit videos and photos and share them. This is a great app for creating photo projects in FACS, Communication Arts or Science, for example. Currently, Mrs. Sara White is using it as an option for a photo project in her Child Development class. This free app provides teachers with a digital option for the classic collage projects.
Magical Video Editing Features:
◦ ◦ Fully automatic video editor available on your iPhone, iPad or iPod
◦ ◦ Share and organize movies, publicly or privately, by creating your own albums
◦ Collaborate around shared interests by adding your movies to open albums
1. Just a friendly reminder from the district for this winter: When school is called off for the day and class is cancelled, the buildings are completely shut down. No Practices, workouts, etc. should take place. During ½ snow days and early release due to snow, this applies as well. Thanks for working with the district on this so that we can get the lots cleared and the sidewalks ready for the first available day to return during bad weather.
2. As it is getting colder and students are wearing more head gear, I am going to provide a reminder for our students to remember to take off any hats, bandanas, and hoodies and store them in book bags or lockers at the beginning of the school day. I would appreciate your continued efforts to encourage students to follow these guidelines in your class and in the hallways. Thank you!
Thursday, Dec. 18th, 11:30am-12:30pm
1st Day Back from Break
Friday, Jan. 2nd 2015 at 7am
1st Semester Grades are Due
Friday, Jan. 2nd 2015 at 3am
The grading window will open on Wednesday, December 17th and will close January 2nd at 3:00pm.
Monday, Jan. 5th 2015 at 8am-3:30pm
FHC and FHN
A change to the Jan. 5 district professional development (PD) day was communicated in October. Everyone will begin his or her day with District planned PD from 8:00 - 11:00 AM. Staff will return to their buildings for building planned PD from 12:30 - 3:30 PM.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.