Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
September 28, 2015
Mrs. Muegge's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @MrsMueggeTCE
Parent Teacher Conferences
Grandparent's Day Was a Success!!
Thank you all for getting the word out, getting grandparents and special friends to school, and helping with the day.
The students gave tours, explained our classroom, taught math games, and read stories with their grandparents and special friends! :)
I think I can say that both grandparents and grandchildren had a great time! :)
Upcoming Dates to Remeber
- Friday, October 2nd- 1/2 day for students
- October 5-October 21- Parent Teacher Conferences
- October 22 & 23- Fall Break- NO SCHOOL
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 2 P.E.
- Tuesday- Day 3 Music
- Wednesday- Day 4 Art
- Thursday- Day 5 P.E.
- Friday- Day 0- 1/2 day
What's Happening in Mrs. Muegge's Class
- Reading Workshop is in full swing...daily 5 and reading groups. During daily 5 students have an opportunity to read to self, read to someone else, work on their writing, listen to reading, and do word work with vocabulary and spelling.
- We will continue our small reading groups.
- Students will continue to learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will discuss characters in stories and the feelings they notice with these characters.
- We will continue to explore multiplication and its properties.
- Please encourage students to practice their multiplication facts on a daily basis.
- The XTRAMATH app is a great fluency tool that moves a student along at their own pace.
Vocabulary and Spelling
- We will edit our small moments pieces and begin publishing.
- We will learn more about writing in reading this week.
Field Trip Fun!!
We began our plant study with a trip to the fairgrounds to learn about how plants, animals and me...and how we all work together.
During our study of plants we will..
Learn common structures of a plant including its roots, stems, leaves, flowers, fruits and seeds and describe their functions.
Investigate plant growth over time, take measurements, record the data and display the data in graphs.
Examine factors that might influence plant growth.
Monday we will starting to grow seeds...some students are choosing how they think they will grow best. We will see what happens!! :)
NEWS FROM THE THORPE CREEK OFFICE
The 2015 Liger XC Mile will take place on Thursday, October 15th at Hamilton Southeastern HS!! This race/run/walk is for ALL K- 6th grade students in the Hamilton Southeastern School District. School team scores will be kept for intermediate and elementary competition.