HFRCS Newsletter SY2021-2022
February 1, 2022 - Vol.1 Issue 24
From the Principal's Office
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Happy Catholic Schools Week! As is often the case, CSW brings its own excitement, and our unexpected two-hour delay yesterday was no exception! Bristol Township is our largest sending school district, so we typically follow the direction of this district. In the case of snow delays/cancelations, the districts most often align with their decision making, but in the case of yesterday, they did not. Please make sure your contact information is up to date in MSP so that you can receive important texts and emails related to any weather-related emergency.
Our Disney-themed CSW fun began with a pajama day and an afternoon Magic Show and sweet treat sponsored by our Home and School Association. The student reaction was palpable as they watched George the Magician from the Big Red Box of Magic perform mesmerizing feats of magic. Today we are dressed to the nines in our royal finest and will spend some time this afternoon thanking the ones who made their Catholic school experience happen – YOU! We hope that the rest of the week will provide more magical experiences that showcase the “Faith, Excellence and Service” theme of CSW 2022. Don’t forget to send in your canned food for our Souper Bowl Canned Food Drive!
Thank you for all you do to support Catholic education!
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
Student Council Basket Raffle
Student Council is selling $1 chances to win one of two Where Dreams Come True Baskets (Red/Mickey Mouse or Blue/Marvel). Tickets will be sold during all lunch times until Friday, February 4. Drawing will held this Friday afternoon.
Souper Bowl Canned Food Drive
Students should report how many cans they brought in to their homeroom teacher. Mr. Perry has a trophy to bestow upon the classroom that brings in the most cans.
From the Nurse's Office
- Physical Exam - Kindergarten/Grade 1 (entering school for the first time), Grade 6
- Dental Exam - Kindergarten/Grade 1 (entering school for the first time), Grade 3, and Grade 7
- Latest immunization records - for all students
Forms are available on the school website. Thank you for your cooperation.
Contact: Mrs. Barbara McKnight, Nurse
email@example.com, 215-269-9600 x207
Yearbook Committee (Open to 8th Graders Only)
February 4 - Catholic Schools Week Closing Mass @ 9:30 am
February 14 - Student Council $1 Dress Down Day
February 18 - No School (Professional Development Day)
February 21 - No School (Presidents' Day)
March 2 - Ash Wednesday Mass @ 10:00 am
March 4-10 Terra Nova*
*The Terra Nova Test is administered to students in Grades 2-7. Please mark your calendars and plan for your child(ren) to be in school during this period.
From the Enrollment Office
We have officially opened PreK3-8th Grade enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year! If you are interested in enrolling another child of yours this fall, please complete this online application or get in touch with our Enrollment Office.
Please make note of the following:
- You will need to submit copies of their birth certificate, baptismal certificate (if applicable), and their updated medical/immunization records before they are officially enrolled
- The $50 registration fee is waived for current families adding another student
- If applying for PreK3 or PreK4, please make the Enrollment Office aware of whether your child will be attending full or half-day PreK as soon as possible
- Tours are always available to current families
- Our Referral Program is a great way to expand our school community while earning a tuition credit for your family
If you have any questions regarding enrollment for the 2022-23 school year or anything regarding admissions, please don't hesitate to reach out. I hope you have a great week!
Mr. Jim Downey, Enrollment Director
firstname.lastname@example.org 215-269-9600 x209
From the Advancement Office
For those who received a Bridge Grant in the last year, this is the last call to submit your completed Bridge Education Foundation Volunteer Service form. This will affect financial aid for next school year. Please submit the forms to the office no later than Wednesday, February 2, 2022.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your assistance.
Ms. Mary Ann Conway, Advancement Director
email@example.com 215-269-9600 x208
***** HOME & SCHOOL NEWS *****
Super Bowl Pool Raffle
Home and School is holding a Super Bowl Pool Raffle. Rules are as follows:
- $20 a block - once block(s) are claimed, payment must follow
- All payments will be verified. If you do not pay the claimed block(s) by the end of the day that they were claimed, the block(s) will be released.
- Payment will be Venmo ONLY and Venmo payment MUST SAY “Super Bowl Block Pool" with name, phone number and number of the block(s) chosen
- Link for the Super Bowl Pool Raffle: https://superbowlpoolsite.com/contest/96717?p=Homeandschool
- Venmo: @HFRCS-HandS
We encourage you to ask friends and family BUT Venmo should ONLY come from a Holy Family PARENT/GUARDIAN therefore you would have to input their information and block selection in the VENMO comment.
H&S Upcoming Events
- February 4: Valentines Cocoa Bomb orders due (see attached form)
- February 7: Pizza Palooza at Giovanni's Pizza (All Day)
- February 13: Super Bowl Pool Raffle
- February 17: Holy Family at The Rink, 6:30-9:00 pm, form went home last week (see attached form)
- February 22: Pizza Palooza at Arianna's Pizza (All Day)
- March 2: Pizza Palooza at Salvatore's Cucina (4:00-9:00 pm)
- Gertrude Hawk Fundraiser Booklet - sent home last week
For any questions regarding Home & School events, please reach out to the H&S Leadership Team.
***** PARISH NEWS *****
Queen of the Universe
Rev. Brian M. Kean, Parochial Administrator
Rev. Cesar J. Izzaguire, Parochial Vicar
Sunday Mass Schedule:
4:00 pm (Vigil Mass), 7:30 am, 9:30 am, 11:30 am, 1:00 pm La Misa en Español
Weekday Daily Mass:
8:30 am - Tuesday through Friday
Holy Days: (subject to change)
5:00 PM (Vigil), 8:30 AM, Noon, & 7:00 PM
The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Thursday: 6:45 pm - 7:30 pm, Saturdays: 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm
The Sacrament of Baptism:
1st and 3rd Saturdays, at 11:00 am
QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE
FIRST RECONCILIATION RETREAT
Saturday, February 5th
9 a.m. till noon - snack provided
This is for students only and drop off is in the Large Hall.
St. Frances Cabrini
Msgr. Magee, Weekend Assistant
- Monday-Saturday: 9:30 am
- Saturday Vigil: 5:30 pm
- Sunday: 7:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am
Included is this week's winnings. Next week's jackpot prize is $11,000.
SFC Winter Luau
February 12, 7:00-11:00 pm (doors open at 6:45 pm)
St. Frances Cabrini Monsignor Woods Hall
Dinner prepared by Chef John Rifkin and the Goomba Sous Chefs
Coffee, desserts, Malibu punch, wine, beer, and soda
All for only $30 per person
Dancing to the sounds of DJ John Serenelli
Please call the Rectory 215-946-4040 for more information or to reserve a table.
See attached flyer for details.