Please "PAWS" with us for a Cooper School Update
May 16, 2020
- VIRTUAL SCIENCE FAIR- It's time for the Virtual Science Fair! Thank you to everyone that participated whether in front of or behind the camera. The participating families and I hope you enjoy this set of amazing projects that were done at home. You can also laugh at a couple of funny science jokes while browsing the fair :) To access the fair, please click on the following link and enter the password.
https://padlet.com/cooperptasciencefair/home Password: JaguarScientist (no space)
- The Cherry Hill Public Library Summer Reading program will be able to be completed completely online this year! Our Summer Reading Kick-Off will be a live online show entitled "Dragons" with the Sciencetellers on Saturday, June 20 at 2:00 pm. Summer Reading logging will open up on Monday, June 22 and go through Saturday, August 15. All Summer Reading registrants will be invited to a Bright Star Theatre performance at the end of the summer. Last summer Cooper School participation was great! This summer let's get EVERY Cooper Student involved in the Cherry Hill Public Library Summer Reading Program!!! Go Jaguars!
- K-5 students can log minutes spent reading and every 300 minutes earns a badge that unlocks online games and stories. Every badge earned also gives you a virtual raffle ticket for a chance to win one of 10 cool prize baskets that will be given out at the end of the summer. Like in past years, all minutes logged for students in grades K-5 will be allocated to the school. So, the more time you spend reading, the better the chance is that your school will win the CHPL summer reading championship trophy! Students will be able to see in the system which school is currently winning and can up their reading game accordingly.
- Middle and High School students will earn raffle tickets for every book they read and log. Raffle tickets will go towards weekly Amazon gift card drawings and the end of summer grand prizes that include a Polaroid prize pack, a Music Lovers prize pack and a Nintendo Switch!
Procedure for Pick-up of Student Belongings/Medication and Drop-off of School Items: June 9th-11th families will have an opportunity to pick-up students' personal belongings and medications and to drop off school items such as library books, instruments, etc. A specific schedule and safety procedures for this process will be shared in the coming weeks.
Attention Parents of 3rd Graders - The time has come for your child to be eligible for Band or Orchestra! Please visit the link below to experience an online walk through of instrument options where you can choose your instrument and complete the registration process all online! https://tinyurl.com/chmusicsignup In addition, any 4th grader who did not play an instrument this year, but would like to join, may also complete the sign-up online. We are hoping to get 100% participation this year! If you have trouble, please visit the Sign Up page tab, then go to Pick Your Instrument.
- As we begin planning for the 2020-2021 school year, our staff will participate in an extensive process for determining students' classroom placements. There are many critical factors which must be considered, including feedback from families. As such, you are invited to share feedback through this Student Placement Survey which will be available until Friday May 22, 2020.
- Our next Jaguar Drive-By is scheduled for Friday May 22 at 3:00pm. We can't wait to see you and hear you!!!
- Video Message from Dr. Meloche: CHPS Summer Programs
- Video Message from Dr. Meloche: Teacher Appreciation Week and End of Year Celebrations. Click here to view his letter to the community.
- Applications Continually Accepted for Free/Reduced Price Meals: We understand financial circumstances can change quickly. Families can apply for free/reduced price breakfast and lunch at any time. Qualifying allows students to pick up grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches at no charge while schools are closed. Apply online https://www.chclc.org/Page/1720
5/18: Gr. 4 Cooper Council Zoom Mtg (see Google Classroom)
5/19: Gr. 3 Cooper Council Zoom Mtg (see Google Classroom)
5/20: Gr. 5 Cooper Council Zoom Mtg (see Google Classroom)
5/21: May Birthday Lunch w/the Principal (Gr. 3-5)
5/22: May Birthday Lunch w/the Principal (Gr. K-2)
5/22: Jaguar Drive-By (3:00pm)
5/27: Gr. 5 Cooper Council Zoom Mtg (see Google Classroom)
5/28: Gr. 4 Cooper Council Zoom Mtg (see Google Classroom)
Support for Home-
Pre-Memorial Day Schedule for Free Grab & Go Breakfasts and Lunches
Grab and go breakfasts and lunches continue to be available to ALL CHERRY HILL STUDENTS for the remainder of our COVID-19 closure mandated by Gov. Phil Murphy to continue through the end of the school year. Each Monday, students will receive 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches per student. Each Wednesday, students will receive 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches per student. Choose pickup location: Cherry Hill High School East, Cherry Hill High School West or Clara Barton Elementary from 10 am-noon.
An adjusted schedule for the Memorial Day holiday will be as follows:
Wednesday, May 20: 5 breakfasts & 5 lunches per student
Monday, May 25: NO DISTRIBUTION – closed for Memorial Day
Wednesday, May 27: 3 breakfasts & 3 lunches per student
We will resume normal schedule beginning June 1: Mondays – 2 breakfasts & 2 lunches; Wednesdays – 3 breakfasts & 3 lunches.
Please be sure to have proof of Cherry Hill residence, such as your driver's license with Cherry Hill address, or student ID numbers ready in order to claim each student’s meal. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org