Titan Tidbits - Parents
Week 12: November 4-8, 2019
Veterans' Day Breakfast
Friday, Nov. 8th, 8-9am
2185 Gold Hill Road
Fort Mill, SC
Tega Cay Elementary School would like to honor the veterans of our community by hosting a Veterans' Day Breakfast. The breakfast will take place on Friday, November 8th at 8AM in the cafeteria. Veterans who have family members that attend TCES are invited to come in and have breakfast with their student family member. Veterans' spouses are also invited to attend. Musical entertainment will be provided by the Tega Cay Elementary Choir.
Walk/Bike TO and FROM School Day - November 8, 2019
If your child’s normal mode of transportation is not walking or biking TO AND FROM school, you must complete the following Family Friday Walk/Bike to School Waiver if you’re participating: CLICK HERE
With questions or feedback on Family Friday Walk/Bike to School days, contact Liz Duda, TCES School Wellness Committee parent volunteer OR Hope Trigg in the Front Office, 1-803-548-8282.
Mrs. Wagner, Mr. Hartley and Mrs. Lucas
If you have questions in regards to donations, please reach out to Kristen Motte, School Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you attended our Watch DOGS kickoff event or not, we hope that you will participate in this exciting program by volunteering one or more days this school year as a Watch DOG. Please visit our Sign Up Calendar for more information and to choose a date to volunteer that works for you. You must complete a FMSD Volunteer Screening and sign up for a duty date on the sign up calendar to serve as a Watch DOG.
CLICK HERE for the calendar link to sign up to be a Watch DOG!
If you did not order your shirt, you may purchase one on the day you serve as a Watch DOG for $20 (credit/debit preferred, exact cash/check accepted). Uniform shirts are required so you will be easily identifiable by teachers, staff, and students. Financial assistance available upon request.
If you have any questions about this opportunity to make an impact at Tega Cay Elementary School, please contact Kristen Motte (School Counselor & Watch DOG Program Coordinator) at email@example.com.
Lost and Not Yet Found Area: located near the lunch room
At that time, we will plan to box up the remaining items and donate them. Thanks so much for your attention to this!
Save the Dates!
Friday, November 8: Veteran's Day Celebration (more info to come) & Family Walk/Bike to School Day
Monday, November 11: School Improvement Council Meeting @ 2:45
Monday, November 18: Donation Collection for Compassion Tree begins (send with student or drop by the front office at TCES)
Thursday, November 14: Spirit Night at Jersey Mike's from 4:30-9 pm
Friday, November 15: Sign up for Compassion Tree (CLICK HERE, link will be put here soon)
Monday, November 18: Begin collecting Compassion Tree donations (please send in with your students or drop off in the TCES front office)
Friday, November 22: PTO General Meeting at 7:45 am at TCES-Cafeteria
December 2-13: Book Fair
December 2: School Improvement Council Meeting @ 2:45
December 10: Spirit Night at Danny's Pizza from 5-8 pm
Friday, December 13: 2nd Annual Holiday Lunch (more info to come) & Family Walk/Bike to School Day
Friday, December 13: Deadline to turn in items for Compassion Tree
December 17 and 18: Holiday Shop (more info to come)
December 19 - January 3: Winter Break
January 6: Student's return from Winter Break
January 13: School Improvement Council Meeting at 2:45 in the Media Center
January 17 & 20: MLK Holiday, No School
January 23: Spirit Night at McDonald's
January 24: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
January 25: Choir performs at Charlotte Checkers game 6:00
January 31: 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Dance
- February 3: School Improvement Council Meeting at 2:45 in the Media Center
- February 3: #JustaChicken Assembly (books will be sold this day but CLICK HERE to see the website with more information
- February 8: Polar Plunge at the Baxter YMCA (we will be putting a jar in the office to begin collecting donations for Special Olympics)
- February 11 & 12: Valentine's Day Grams will be sold on the Stage during lunch
February 17: No School for Students and Staff
February 19: Clubs, Candids, and Fifth Grade Pano Picture
February 28: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
- March 2: School Improvement Council Meeting at 2:45 in the Media Center
- March 4: Spring and Class Picture Day
- March 7: FMSD Chili Cookoff
- March 9-12: Teacher Appreciation Week
- March 11 and 12: Kindergarten Registration
- March 17: No School for Students
- March 20: PTO General Meeting at 7:45 am at TCES-Cafeteria
- March 24-29: PTO Online Auction
- March 27: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
- April 2: Spirit Night at Danny's Pizza
- April 6-13: Spring Break
- April 14: Square Art One Packets go home and due back on April 24 (PTO will send out additional information)
- April 24: Family Walk/Bike to School Day & Square Art One One deadline to order
- April 27-May 8: Book Fair
- May 2: Choir performs; Strawberry Festival 10:00 am and Choir performs; Charlotte Knights Game 6:00 pm
- May 4: School Improvement Council Meeting at 2:45 in the Media Center
- May 8: Middle School Visits for 5th Grade
- May 11-20: State Testing, more information later
- May 15: PTO General Meeting at 7:45 am at TCES-Cafeteria
- May 22: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
- May 25: Memorial Day, No School
- May 27: Field Day: Kindergarten and First Grades 8:00-10:30 and Second and Third Grades 11:30-2:00
- May 27: Spirit Night at Bruster's
- May 28: Field Day: Fourth and Fifth Grades 8:30-11:30
- June 3: ½ Day Dismissal at 11:00 am
- June 3: Fifth Grade Promotion @ 8:30 am
- June 4: ½ Day Dismissal at 11:00 am
Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Students, staff, and community will strive to be knowledge seekers and problem solvers in an environment that supports inquiry and risk-taking, while respecting the fundamental values and uniqueness of all individuals.
challenge Excellence, and
maintain a Student-Driven focus
TCES Core Values: