Raymond Park Middle School
Ranger News week of February 4, 2019
Volume 2018-2019, Issue #26
Join us at 6:00 p.m. in the Raymond Park LGI Room to learn how you can use "The Smart Talk" to get on the same page with your kids and establish an open conversation about digital safety. Please reference the invitation letter in this newsletter. Light refreshments will be served which include lemonade and pizza. Please RSVP at the following link to help us order the right amount of pizza. SMART TALK RSVP
Monday, February 4th
- Auditions for Missoula Children's Theater play "King Arthur's Quest" is today at 4:30 p.m. in Creston's auditorium for all students in grades Kindergarten through 8th. See the flyer below for details.
Tuesday, February 5th
- 7th grade (5:30 p.m.) and 8th grade (6:45 p.m.) girls basketball game at New Augusta PA.
- RP wrestling meet at Chapel Hill. Starts at 5:30 p.m.
- Middle school district swim team meet at Decatur MS. Starts at 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 6th
- Late Start Day for Students (1-hour delay)
- Middle school district swim team meet at Beech Grove MS. Starts at 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, February 7th
- Slushy flavors this week are Grape and Fruit Punch for sale during all lunches for ($1)
- Smart Talk Event in RP LGI Room at 6:00 p.m.
- 7th grade (5:30 p.m.) and 8th grade (6:45 p.m.) girls basketball game at home vs Lincoln MS.
- RP wrestling meet (Marion County Tourney) at Guion Creek. Starts at 5:30 p.m.
Friday, February 8th
- Performing Arts/ Yearbook Groups Picture Day
Saturday, February 9th
- Possible RP wrestling meet (Marion County Tourney Finals) at Chapel Hill. Start time TBD.
- Missoula Children's Theater performance "King Arthur's Quest" is today at 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. at Creston.
- Women In Power mentorship program Session #2: Education. Please see flyer below for details.
- RPMS PTSA Box Top Collection Week! Please turn in all your box top labels that you have been collecting this week!
- Go Red Week! Supporting the American Heart Association.
Thursday, February 14th
- Digital Safety Event for RPMS students during school hours
Friday, February 15th
- Ella's Frozen Yogurt ($4) during lunch hours
Did you know you can take a day off from school to serve as a page for the Indiana Senate? State Senator Aaron Freeman invites students in grades 6-12 to come to the Statehouse and spend an exciting day seeing our state government in action.
RPMS PTSA News
Don't forget to join our Parent Teacher Student Association and support all of the wonderful student activities and events throughout the school year! Your $7 membership earns you a weekly PTSA electronic newsletter and membership incentives. Our PTSA sponsors Back To School Night treats, the quarterly CORE Celebrations, teacher reimbursement for school supplies, end of year celebration treat for all students, 8th grade celebration gift, and staff appreciation days. Our PTSA coordinates the school-PTSA joint fall fundraiser, various 8th Grade Washington DC fundraisers, weekly slushy sales, RP-AMC monthly family movie events, Box Top collection contests, quarterly roller skating parties at the Roller Cave and Sonny Day Community Center volunteering nights.
Please contact our PTSA for more information: email@example.com
2018-2019 Yearbooks On- Sale. Order online through LifeTouch at: RPMS 2018-2019 Yearbook code:10818419.
SCHOOL DISTRICT PUBLICATIONS/NEWS MEDIA USE
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Dr. Leondra Radford - Assistant Principal
Aliesa Hopp - Secretary to Principal
Sheri Thompson - Registrar/Attendance Secretary
Beth Schuster - Receptionist
Lisa Stewart - Nurse
To apply you must be in the 7th or 8th grade. Contact Katie Piatt RPMS Educational Counselor for application firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-532-8900 X8910.