Freeman Mustangs Newsletter #31
March 26, 2021
- March 29-April 4- Spring Break
- Monday, April 5th: Registration for the 21-22 School Year due (guarantee home building)
- Monday, April 5th: Remote Planning Day: No School for Students
- Tuesday, April 6th: Asynchronous Instruction Day: No In Person learning; Virtual Learning Academy is in session
- Wednesday, April 7th: K-5 students return to in-person learning 5 days a week
- Wednesday, April 7th: Report Cards Available on Home Access Center (HAC)
- Wednesday, April 7th: Freeman PTA Portillo's Night
- Now- April 2nd: Illinois 5Essentials Survey Open
- March 15th-May 25th: ACCESS 2.0 for ELs Assessment Window
- March 15th-May 14th: Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR) Assessment Window (3rd-5th Grade)
- Thursday, April 15th: Virtual Learning Supply Pick-up
- April 17th: Virtual Pinewood Derby (information below)
A Message From the Office
As a reminder, in the event you or someone in the home develops Covid-like symptoms, please make sure you are communicating this information with Mrs. Bartell in the health office at 630-301-5138.
Have a safe and restful spring break!
Updated Quarter 4 Plans
- Kindergarten through 5th-grade students in the Blended Learning Experience will return to in-person instruction five days a week starting Wednesday, April 7th.
- Students enrolled in full-day Pre-K programs at our elementary buildings will continue with the current blended model through the end of the school year.
- There will be no additional opportunities for students to change learning modes for virtual or in-person learning.
In-Person Learning Updates
- Daily health screener needs to be completed five days a week by 8:00am as students will be in-person Monday through Friday.
- Lunch will take place in the classroom and the cafeteria. To allow for 6 feet distance while students are eating, some students will be eating the cafeteria. Cafeteria tables will be clearly marked for distanced spots where students can eat.
Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year is NOW OPEN!
Still haven't registered? There's still time. If you have a child(ren) returning to West Aurora schools, please take a moment to get them registered for next year! This allows us to better plan for how many sections at each grade level we will have. In order to guarantee your home building, please make sure you register by April 5th.
Contact the office if you have any questions at 630-301-5002.
To Register, use this link:
Warmer Weather- Playground Usage
Also, for the safety of our students, we do ask that no non-Freeman students or families are on the playground while our students are on during their instructional day. This includes our PreK classes who are outside in the morning and at the end of the day (their dismissal time is after K-5 students) as well as during the recess timeframe. If the playground is free during school hours, you are welcome to play on it.
Please call the office with any questions at 630-301-5002.
PTA Needs You!
Ready to join our Freeman PTA? Use the following link. It is $6 for individuals and $10 for the family.
Thank you for your support.
Updated Information on State Assessments
- ACCESS for ELs testing begain the week of March 15th and is almost complete. Testing will be completed after Spring break. This is for English Language Learner students only.
- Illinois Science Assessment (ISA): 5th Grade students completed testing on Friday, March 26th.
- Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR): 3rd through 5th grade students will participate in a total of six tests in the areas of Math and English Language Arts. Due to the schedule changes with students returning to full in person learning, IAR testing will be rescheduled to later in April and/or early May. Once schedules are finalized, we will provide updated information.
Please make sure students bring their charged Ipad or Chromebook and headphones to school daily.
Illinois 5Essentials Survey Window Closes April 2nd
The survey windown for the statewide Illinois 5Essentials Survey will be closing on April 2nd, 2021. This survey is designed to generate a detailed picture of the inner workings of your child’s school. As a parent, you too have an opportunity to share your thoughts on the important elements of school effectiveness in a survey about your child’s school. If you have not already completed the survey, we would like to ask you to please take a few moments to do so. To take the survey, please visit the link here: http://survey.5-essentials.org/illinois/survey/parent/ Select “Start here” County: Kane School: Freeman Elementary School Thank you for your participation.
Freeman WILL have a YEARBOOK this year!
Yearbooks for this 2020–2021 school year are on sale now!
1) You can order directly online at Lifetouch (school code: 12943521), OR
2) Use the downloadable version of the ordering flyer (see below)
Families who are unable to participate in an in-person Lifetouch portrait sitting can use "Snaps at Home" to have a portrait picture created with the gray Lifetouch background to be used in the yearbook as well. Click here to get started, lifetouch.com/picture-day-snaps-at-home.
LAST YEAR'S YEARBOOK:
Last year's yearbook can still be picked up in the office!
If you still want a 2019–2020 yearbook, they are available in the office for $20 ea. as well (supply is limited).
If you were on the reserve list to purchase last year's book, your book is waiting for you at the office with your name on it. Just bring the $20!
Pinewood Derby open to ALL Freeman students!
Cub Scout Pack 312 would like to invite every Freeman student to join us for our Virtual Pinewood Derby on Saturday April 17!
This includes every virtual student with a Freeman teacher, no matter what your home school you attend.
If you need a car kit, you can pick up a kit for $5 at the Naperville Scout shop at 4s100 Rt. 59 Naperville, IL 60563, or contact Jen Cresse (text preferred) at 815-793-2674.
We also have some car kits that have been donated if purchasing a car is an issue.
The cars come as a block of wood, and 4 wheels and nails. The challenge is turning it into a car. If you need help turning the wood into a car, the Naperville Scout shop will be hosting a few opportunities to cut the wood into a shape.
More details about how to drop off your car will be coming soon.
Please see attached flier for rules. If your car does not meet the guidelines when you drop it off, we will have help available to get it to work!
Please contact the office at 630-301-5002 to report their absence.