Communication Skills in the Library
Approaches to Learning in the PYP and MYP
In the Library, we...
- listen to teachers, parents and students respectfully in the library.
- listen for information and directions.
- speak clearly and appropriately: our opinions, our ideas, our requests, our thinking.
- think of the impact of our words on others.
- ask questions when needed.
- ask for help when needed
- read for many purposes such as information and pleasure.
- should understand what we read.
- read individually, in pairs and in groups.
- recognize the body language of others in the library
- recognize that our bodies spea visually.