PD Hub: Smore Experts
Hub for resources used in each PD session
This smore page was created to serve as a central location for the need materials to participate in each session as well as a resource to refer to after completion of the class.
Rationale for Professional Development Program
- Locate and navigate PD Hub
- Review overall goals of professional development course
- Establish a baseline level of comfort using instructional technology
- Understand what smore.com is and some potential uses
- Understand how smore can be used to foster self directed learning and build expertise
- Create/Mangae personal smore account
Getting to Know the Resource Smore
Smore is a user friendly, web based tool used to create digital publications such as flyers, newsletters, or posters.
Organize and disseminate information to colleagues and students.
Easily shared digital newsletter
Alternative method to traditional cutting drawing and gluing.
Creating a New Account
- Access smore profile using previous materials
- Create a new flyer(autobiography smore)
- Add text into flyer
- Customize format of flyer
- Provide formative feedback to instructor
- Login in to profile and access autobiography flyer
- Insert images, videos, and buttons
- Know how to save images to computer to upload
- Access additional support guides located in this smore
- Complete autobiography flyer
Guides for Editing Your Smore
- Complete worksheet using colleague created work.
- Make connections between PD Structure and Implementation into classroom
- Complete summative survey