Who Am I? What do I want? How do I get it?
WHO AM I?
Left Brain Thinker
Although I use both the left and right side of my brain depending on the thought process necessary, I am most comfortable while using the left side of my brain. That means that I am a linear thinker, think and process sequnetialy, am symbolic, think logicaly, am verbal, and understand and think more of reality. However, sometimes I need to be more holistic, random, concrete ,intutive, non-verbal, and think about fantasy.
My Personality Type
1. film and Video Editors
2. Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture
3.Audio and Video equipment Technicians
- Film and Video Editors
- Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture
- Broadcast Technicians
- Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators
WHAT DO I WANT?
Top 3 Career Choices
Film and Video Editor
- Photographers photograph persons, subjects, merchandise, and other products.
- Photographers work in studios and may travel to their clients locations.
- Photographers require a college degree in photography.
- Photographers earn beween $17,50-$66990 per year nationaly.
Film and Video Editor
- Film and Video Editors select and combine the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story
- Film and Video Editors work in studios and have to travel often
- Film and Video Editors (depending on the company) require a bachelors degree.
- Film and Video Ediors earn between $25,660 and $119,250 per year nationally.
- Producers Select Scripts for actors
- Producers work in studios and have to travel often to select and gather items for film
- Producers have no specific training required but it is recomended that you take programs in arts managment.
- Producers earn between $32,080 and $115,150 per year nationally.
HOW DO I GET IT?
Top 3 Colleges
#3 Arkansas Tech University
California State University #1
#2 New York Instituion of Technology
UCLA Freshman Requirements
- Must take 15 Required Courses in the following: History and Social Science , English , Math (4 years recomended), Laboratory Science (including 1 biological science and 1 phsical science), Language Other than English ( 2 years of the same language), Visual and Performing arts,
- Complete College Prepartory Program
- Graduation from High School
- Minumum GPA of 2.45
- Minumum SAT score is 630
- Minumum ACT score is 13
Click below for some advice about college visits...
BHS To-Do List...
9th - get good grades, get involved, start a resume of all activities/ accomplishments
10th - keep grades up, take PSA and -or PLAN, maintain resume
11th - boost GPA, tak ACT and/or SAT, maintain resume
12th - get letters of recommendation, apply to schools, complete the FASFA, apply for scholarships