April 2, 2023
¿Necesita traducción? | Precisa de tradução?
¿Necesita traducción? Desde una computadora o portátil, haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) en el cuadro negro. Desde un teléfono celular o tableta, haga clic en el icono de Accesibilidad en la parte inferior de la pantalla y después haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir).
Precisa de tradução? No computador/laptop clique em "Translate" (Traduzir) na caixa preta. No celular/tablete clique no ícone Accessibilidade na parte inferior da tela e clique em 'Translate' (Traduzir).
Need translation? On a computer/laptop, click "Translate" in the black box. On a mobile phone/tablet click the Accessibility Icon at the bottom of your phone screen and then click 'translate'.
MCAS Pep Rally
How can families partner with King during MCAS?
- Please support your child in getting a good night's rest
- Please have your child eat a good breakfast in the morning; reminder breakfast is available and free of charge to all students at King
- Help your child to arrive to school on time; we will be sure to support students in cases of late busses
- Please encourage your child to listen to the directions, read carefully, double check their work, take their time and "do their best"
If your child is in grades K-2:
- Please remind your child to do their best to be quiet in the hallways as some of their older friends are testing.
Thank you all for your support of our students!
Dates to Know
Please note MCAS dates have been updated due to scheduling conflicts; our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
- April 4 & 5 - Gr. 4 ELA MCAS
- April 7 - No School: Good Friday
- April 13 & 14 - Gr. 5 ELA MCAS
- April 17 - 21 - No School April Vacation
- April 25 & 26 - Gr. 3 ELA MCAS
🎶 🎨 SAVE THE DATE! 🎨 🎶
Our First Annual "King Arts Extravaganza" will be on Tuesday, May 2. This will include instrumental and vocal performances by each grade, as well as our art show. We're so excited to be able to show off the wonderful Music and Art that is happening in our school! More details to come!
Social Emotional Behavioral Community Building
Check Out This Resource From Our School Social Workers
From Your Specialists!
Hi Families! This year, our specialist team wants you to be able to take a look inside our classrooms. This is the first of many "Specialists Corner" for you to see the fun activities we're doing, and communicate any upcoming events or activities!
Here is the next edition of "Specialists Corner!" https://www.smore.com/7df95
Information from PTO
*PTO Executive Board: Elections for the 2023/24 Executive Board will take place at our May meeting. If you're interested in volunteering for a position, please email email@example.com. Thank you!
*Fundraising: Our annual DOUBLE GOOD gourmet popcorn fundraiser is back! Open your own Pop-Up store in this four-day virtual fundraiser. The PTO earns 50% of the profits from sales April 10 - April 14. Visit kingpto.com for more information.
*5th Grade Yearbook Club will be meeting again on 4/14 from 3:30-4:30pm.There's still time to sign up! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
*The April Community PTO meeting will be held Wednesday April 12 at 7pm. More info to come!
*If you are interested in helping the PTO with in-person or virtual Portuguese or Spanish translation at future PTO meetings and events, or flyer translations, please reach out to email@example.com.
*Be a coffee hero! Sign up to donate and deliver coffee and treats to the staff on a day that works for you here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0549adab29abfd0-king6#/
*Have your kids outgrown their winter gear? Please donate it to King to use next winter! Please donate gently used or new snow pants, coats, waterproof gloves, hats, and boots to the main office. Larger sizes are very much in need.
Meet the King Staff!
Allergy Friendly Classrooms
- We ask that snacks (that are often eaten in the classroom) do not include nuts or nut butters. All classroom spaces at King this year will be allergy friendly rooms. Students are, however, allowed to have nuts and nut butters as part of their lunches in the cafeteria.
- In the cafeteria each classroom has 2 tables. One is labeled allergy friendly. We ask that any students that have nut or nut butter allergies sit at these tables; we ask that any students who have nut or nut butters as part of their lunch sit at the other tables.
- Students have been introduced to this in the cafeteria already, and will be reminded by their classroom teachers again.
Tour the school with ROARY!
Important Information SMORE
Doors open: 8:50am
Breakfast: 8:50am - 9:05am
School begins: 9:05am
School dismissal: 3:20pm
*Early release dismissal: 12:55pm (lunch is served)
*Half day dismissal: 12:20pm (lunch is not served)
Attendance Line: 508-782-7201