Miss Marney's Class January 18, 2016
This Month at Starside
Monday January 18
- No School
Tuesday January 19
- E day: Art
- Sparkle Reading
Wednesday, January 20
- T day: PE and Music
- Sparkle Homework Help
Thursday January 21
- C day: Computers
- Sparkle Clubs
Friday, January 22
- O day: Library
Monday January 25
- M day: PE and Music
- Sparkle Math
- Skate Party from 6-8
Extreme Weather Guidelines for Recess
Wind Chill Considerations:
- full recess permitted when wind chill temperature is at or about 25 degrees and students are considered to be appropriately dressed.
- fresh air breaks, of no more than 10 minutes, are permissible (according to individual teacher discretion and administrative consultation) when wind chill temperature is between 20 and 24 degrees and participating students are considered to be appropriately dressed.
Extended Absence Reminder
Please be sure to let the office know when your student will be absent for an extended period. You will need to complete our Extended Absence Request Form. This helps your child’s teacher to prepare work and plan for your child’s absence. It also assists our office maintain accurate attendance reporting. Forms are located in the Starside office.
We are continuing to work on subtraction. The objectives we will focus on are the following:
- Regrouping 1 ten for 10 ones
- models to subtract two and one digit numbers
- subtracting two and one digit numbers
- subtracting two digit numbers
- subtracting on a number line
- using addition to check subtraction
- ways to subtract
Don't forget xtramath.org is a great resource for practicing math facts. All addition facts should be mastered by December. Subtraction facts should be mastered by May.
Skills that can still be reviewed:
- time to 5 minutes
- counting by 5's forwards and backwards
- adding facts up to 20
- place value number of tens and ones in a problem
- subtraction facts up to 20
Fun math games for practice
Reading and Writing
The Kansas Library has free digital books. If you go to this page you can click on many different types. The one we use in class the most is Tumble books.
Follow the Activities of Our Class on Social Media
- Class Twitter account @StarsideMarney.
- Text Messages from me when you text @missmarn to 81010. When you sign up, your child will get a pencil from me.
- You can also follow Starside @StarsideComets