Carver Middle School Newsletter
April 21, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
Hopefully everyone had a great holiday weekend. Last week was extremely exciting with our Core Values Assembly as well as the ground breaking ceremony for our new neighbors at Harrowgate Elementary.
Report cards will be distributed to students tomorrow. Please expect to see your child's report card tomorrow afternoon. Please communicate with our school if you have any report card issues.
As many of you are aware, the construction of Harrowgate Elementary is a two year project which will take place directly behind Carver MS. As student safety is our primary concern, it is important to remind students to stay away from the construction site as it can be dangerous. This is especially important at night when it is dark and over weekends when the job site is unattended. The site will be gated off and signs are posted but please remind your student to stay away from the job site, particularly if you live in one of the neighborhoods surrounding the school.
Thank you very much Carver Community and let's have a great week, together!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
Harrowgate Elementary Ground breaking ceremony
Celebrating with Core Value awards recipients
Congratulations to all of our Core Value Award Recipients!
Two thumbs up for pancakes in Mrs. Johnson's Class!
Carver MS students enjoying the book fair
April 15-24- Book Fair!
April 22- 3rd Nine Weeks Report Card Distribution
April 24- Southern Division Track Meet- Meadowbrook High School. Events begin at 1 pm.
Purchase a Year Book for Your Cougar!
Parents, Carver Middle School's yearbook will be here by the end of May. If you have not purchased a yearbook yet for your student, there are two ways to purchase one.
1. Bring a check (made out to Carver) or cash to Mr. McGill, room 1606 for 35.00
2. Go to Caver Middle School Website and click on "school information" and select "yearbook" at the bottom.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
Thank you to everyone who came out to our spring play "Stepsisters"!
- Carver Mornings will return after Spring Break.
- Starting March 4, 2019, seventh and eighth grade students will no longer report to the cafeteria for breakfast. Students will have grab and go breakfast stations on their grade level hallways and will eat breakfast in classrooms.
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.