December 18, 2015
Hi K-2 Team!
Congratulations! We are just one day away from the end of first semester. We know you and your students have been working tirelessly for the past five months and are more than ready for this two week break. Our final newsletter for 2015 includes instructional tips, math walk-thru feedback, and one final curriculum survey reminder.
Looking forward to seeing you in 2016 for CPD!
Avis, Tiffany, and Krysten
Curriculum Survey Reminder
Heggerty and Wilson Phonics Pacing
Week of January 4th: Review days
Week of January 11th: Week 18
Guided Reading Tip of the Week
Math C&I Team Walk-thru Data
- Calendar math continues to be updated and utilized in classrooms.
- Anchor charts are present in classrooms.
- Accurate pacing and alignment to the SharePoint curriculum.
- Consistent vocabulary used across grade level classrooms.
Areas of Focus:
- Purposeful use of anchor charts- students should be able to see and access anchor charts for them to be useful. Also make sure you "retire" older anchor charts and put away those that students don't need to access.
- Consistent vocabulary across grade levels and schools- we will bring this into PD in the future!