"More to the world than you know" By: Tyson Drake 3rd hour
Basic information about being a geographer
2. They study land
3. Their salary is $74,760
4. Some geographers study road and buildings
5. Geographers work 35 to 40 hours a week
6. Physical geographers study land patterns,weather, landforms, and soil.
7. Geographers work for government agencies
8. A bachelors degree is the lowest degree you can get to work for this job
9. You need qualified grades to get this job
10. They work in remote areas
Pros and cons of being a geographer
1. To understand basic physical systems that effect everyday life so you know more about this world.
2. To be able to make sensible judgements about matters involving relationships between the physical environment and society so you aren't to quick to judge.
3. To learn more about the earth so you have less questions about the earth or what you study.
Cons- bad things about being a geo
1. Geography is a difficult subject and to get the job you have to have good grades.
2. A lot of work hours so you don't have a lot of sleep.
3. A lot of work to get the job you have to go through so much to get this job.
Grades and Degrees
3 colleges with info
2. UW College - marsh field, it is located in Wisconsin and three pros are 1. You can continue a degree 2. Can earn a bachelors degree 3. Can earn an associate's degree, and three cons are 1. Costs money 2. Not the greatest college to go to 3. Is not well known to most people.
3. University of Tennessee, it's located in Tennessee and it provides a bachelors degree and a masters degree in science and three pros are 1. It is high quality 2. Has quality education 3. Gives a masters degree, and three cons are 1. Far away from home 2. Not well known to most people 3. Not the greatest college to go to.
The Association of American Geographers (AAG) is a scientific and educational society founded in 1904. Its 7,500+ members share interests in the theory, methods, and practice of geography and geographic education. The AAG holds annual meetings and regional events and publishes a newsletter, journals, and books. The association supports and recognizes its members through its grants and awards programs, and provides information on jobs and careers in geography.