Spring 2022 Update for TAS Alumni & Supporters
Anthony Alum (and Parents!)
If you read below, you’ll see that our middle school basketball team won the parochial league tournament last weekend. TAS paid admission for all Anthony students in attendance. You would not have BELIEVED the turnout! I feel like the entire school directory showed up to cheer on our team!
It was an afternoon full of support, camaraderie, loyalty, excitement, cheering, sideline refereeing, popcorn, candy, trophies, and more! Life is a team sport. We win together. We lose together. We learn to trust each other…to pass the ball, to shoot the ball, to get the rebound, to work together. Life at TAS is also a team sport, and you are still a part of that team!
Stay connected. We’d love to hear from you.
Head of School
TAS Alum Spotlight: Trav Baxter
- What years did you attend TAS? Red birds through 8th grade. I graduated 8th grade in 1995.
- What is your favorite TAS memory? I have some really great TAS memories, from roller skating, class parties, to plays. I can truly say that all of my teachers were fantastic, and I made some lifelong friends while at TAS. Seeing my kids at TAS, including how much fun they are having and the education they are receiving, trumps all of my personal memories though!
- How did TAS prepare you to be successful? In my opinion, the education I received at TAS was a step above other educational opportunities in Little Rock. One of things I remember most was the student-teacher interaction. Every teacher I had was committed and engaged. They wanted to see you succeed, and you felt their support.
- Where did you attend high school and college? I went to Catholic High School in Little Rock, and then The University of the South, also known as Sewanee, for college.
- Tell us about your degree and also about your occupation. I received my law degree from The University of Arkansas – Fayetteville. I received a Masters of Laws in Taxation from The University of Florida. I am a tax lawyer at the Mitchell Williams Law Firm, based out of Little Rock. I help my clients with estate planning and business planning.
- Anything else you’d like to say about TAS? I am so pleased to see how the school has grown but continues to maintain what feels like such a unique culture that I experienced (a long time ago) when I attended. TAS is a special place.
Save the Date: Thursday, August 4th
Start reaching out to your TAS classmates and plan to come by the school to tour the "new" middle school building and see former teachers and friends.
2022 Parochial League Basketball Champions
Our 7th/8th grade basketball team had a 2021-22 season. They came in first place in the parochial league (with only one loss) and won the parochial league tournament. Coach Brady and our players were so excited to have such a great TAS turnout at their championship game at Mount St. Mary Academy on April 3.
Ms. Graeme found some art photos from their TAS days!
Facebook Group: The Anthony School Alumni
Support TAS ParentCrew
April 12: If you are in the Little Rock area, we encourage you to stop by On the Border to eat or grab takeout (anytime 11AM-10PM). Be sure to mention The Anthony School! On the Border is donating 20% of proceeds back to TAS ParentCrew.
April 22-30: Bid on some auction items! ParentCrew will be hosting the annual online auction with special items and the popular teacher experiences. Click here for more details and be sure to bid on (and win!) some items by April 30!
Stay in Touch
We want to stay in touch with our alumni! Are you a parent of an alum? Please forward this information to your child (and their friends) and ask them to provide us with their contact information. Click here to update your alumni contact information and help us keep our contact lists up-to-date!
We will keep you updated on our future alumni events (as soon as we can safely gather in larger groups) and exciting things happening at the school.
The Anthony School
We recently started a Facebook group for TAS Alumni. If you haven't already joined, we encourage you to do so today!
Do you have alumni friends who did not receive this email? We need their address - please forward this newsletter to them and ask them to update their information!