Getting Ready for 2022 - 2023 School Year
Wolves Round-Up Day 2022-23 Schedule Pick-Up Info
Dear McCord Middle School Students and Families,
Welcome to the 2022 - 2023 school year! We have spent the summer months preparing for the upcoming school year, and we are eagerly awaiting students’ arrival in just a few short weeks! Please read below and see the enclosed information regarding our back-to-school process. All forms included in this mailing are also available on the McCord website.
When do students pick up their schedules?
Students should plan to pick up their schedules on Monday, August 8. The building will be open from 9:00am-1:00pm and 5:00-7:00pm. All students are expected to pick up their schedules. The schedule pick-up process will take approximately one hour. The day will include the following:
- Schedule Pick Up: All students will receive their schedule along with their locker information.
- School Pictures: All students are required to attend the Schedule Pick-up to have their school picture taken for a Student Photo ID. Photo IDs will be distributed after school year begins.
- Chromebooks: After receiving your student’s schedule, 6th graders and new students will proceed to pick up a chromebook for their individual use. Everyone else should have kept theirs from the previous school year.
- Vision and Hearing Screenings for Students: Vision and hearing screenings are mandated by the Ohio Department of Health. Worthington Schools Health Professionals will administer vision and hearing screenings to the following students: all 7th graders, a new student in the District, or have a vision/hearing concern. Our nurse will also be available to receive medications or immunization records at this time.
- Update Emergency Medical Information: There will be a few computers for parents to sign into the Worthington Portal to update all information in Infinite Campus so that it is correct.
- MyPayments Plus Signup: There will be a QR Code for Parents/Guardians to scan to signup for MyPayments Plus. This is where all school fees, athletic fees, etc. are paid.
What should you do before schedule pick-up?
- Complete Annual Emergency Data Review and Update (Required): All parents/guardians of enrolled students, even those whose personal information has not changed, are required to update the Emergency Contact information for the 2022-2023 school year before their student can receive his/her schedule. Please visit our website for directions on how to complete the Emergency Data Review.
- Pay School Fees (Required): All students are assessed a $38 fee. Please pay all current fees and any outstanding fines and fees via the online payment system, www.MyPaymentsPlus.com, prior to schedule pick-up.
- Complete School Fee Reduction/Free and Reduced Meals (Optional): For the 2022-23 school year, the USDA is requiring school food services to return to typical pre-pandemic operations. This means pricing for meals will be based on family eligibility (Free/Reduced/Full Pay). Lunch ID numbers will be required for students. Families will need to complete the online application for school fee reduction. You may fill out the online application for Free and Reduced Meals beginning August 1. Please contact Food Services at 614-450-6140 with questions. Please see our website for further details.
- Review HR Imaging School Picture Information: All students will have a school picture taken and receive a student ID card (required). You may purchase Photo Packages online at hrimaging.com or photo-packet forms will be available on picture day (optional).
- Complete Parent-Teacher-Student Organization Form (Optional): There are many opportunities for parent(s) and guardian(s) to become involved at McCord through our PTA. Applications can be filled out online by going to the PTA tab on the McCord website.
Is there anything else families need to know or do before schedule pick-up?
- Update Final Forms for Student-Athletes (Required): Students who plan on participating in a sport must have all forms completed on Final Forms (https://worthington-oh.finalforms.com/). Required forms must be turned in electronically. A valid OHSAA athletic physical must be turned in before mandatory practice begins. The completed physical may be uploaded to Final Forms, turned in to Mrs. Gibson in the main office. Fall athletes must be fully compliant by August 1st.
- Student Accident Insurance Application is Available (Optional): Parent(s)/Guardian(s) of Worthington students may purchase student insurance, which is available through an outside agency. See the McCord website for details.
- Athletic Passes: All McCord students will be admitted free to all home sporting events with a VALID student ID.
Important Dates and Reminders
All important dates and reminders can be accessed on the McCord website. Below is a list of important dates in August:
- August 8: School Pictures and Schedule Pick Up 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. & 5:00 p.m.-7:00p.m.
- August 10: WEB Day – 6th Grade Orientation Program 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- August 16: Ice Cream Social for All Grades 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- August 17: First Day of School for All Grades 9:10 a.m. - 3:50 p.m.
- August 29: Meet the Teacher Night 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- TBD: Sports Picture Day (coaches will share team-specific times)
- September 16: Picture Retake Day
- October 4: Parent/Teacher Conferences
- October 6: Parent/Teacher Conferences
If students are unable to attend Wolves Round-Up, you may stop by the Main Office during summer office hours of 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, to pick up their schedule and locker information. If you have any questions, please contact the Main Office at 614-450-4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating Emergency/Medical Info and MyPayments Plus Instructions