Best Exercises for your Heart!
By: Julia Good
1. Find your maximum heart rate by subtracting your age from 220.
2. Find your resting heart rate by finding your pulse and seeing how many beats there are in 10 seconds. Multiply that number by 6.
3. Pick 3-4 exercises
4. Time yourself for 15 minutes while doing each exercise.
5. Stop and take your pulse at 1, 2, 5, 10, and 15 minutes and record this in a chart.
6. Take a break and relax between each exercise.
7. Find your target heart rate by multiplying your maximum heart rate by .5 and .85. Your target heart rate should be between these two numbers.
8. Compare each exercises data to the target heart rate to see which is the most heart healthy.