Miss Kolesar's Third Grade
Weekly Newsletter for October 17-21
News and Announcements:
- Congratulations to our first group of students who have moved to Captain on the Super Improver Wall: Ella, Ryan A, Olivia, Avery, Keira, and Wyatt!
- We took our first reading benchmark test this week. The scores on this test are typically the lowest scores of the year for most students. In third grade, students become more critical readers who need to make inferences more frequently. If your child received a score lower than 70%, please have your child make corrections.
- Picture retakes are scheduled for Wednesday, October 19.
- The flashlight tour at the museum is tonight at 6:30, 7:15, and 8:00. The cost is $5 per person or $10 per family.
- We wrote personal narratives this week and typed them on the laptops.
- We will celebrate Red Ribbon Week the week of October 24. Information on dress up days will be sent home next week.
- The PTO Halloween Fun Frolic will be on Halloween (Monday, October 31). More information will be sent home next week.
Halloween Art Project
Story: "Bat Loves the Night"
- sequence of events
- asking questions
- vowel-consonant-vowel word patterns
- action vs. being verbs
- suffixes -able and -ible
- writing a response paragraph
Spelling: Short and Long Vowels
math, toast, easy, socks, Friday, stuff, paid, cheese, June, elbow, program, shiny, piles, sticky, each, both, comb, holiday
Chapter 4: Subtraction to 10,000
- subtraction with regrouping in the ones, tens, hundreds, and thousands place
- subtraction across zeroes
- math journal and put on your thinking cap
- chapter wrap-up and review
- Chapter 4 Test on Friday
Unit: Life Cycles and the Environment
- going on a nature walk/I am a forester activity
- food chains and food webs
Special Classes and Snack Schedule:
Specials: PE and Art
Specials: PE and Technology
Snack: Ryann O.
Specials: Music and Life Skills
Morning Meeting Manager: Wyatt
Errand Runner: Braeden
Class Custodian: Avery
Mail Carrier: Keira
Administrative Assistant: Bryce
Milk Slip Supervisor: Ryan A.