by Sydney Stevens
CPR on adults
2. If they are unresponsive, call 911.
3. Begin chest compression, using both hands in the middle of the chest, pushing down with the heel of your hand, at a speed of 100 compressions per minute.
4. After 30 compressions, give 2 breaths.
5. Continue to give 30 compressions followed by 2 breaths until help arrives.
cpr on children
2. Check for unresponsiveness.
3. If the patient is not responsive, begin compressions.
4. Press the sternum one-third of the depth of the chest at at least 100 per minute, 30 at a time.5. After the first 30 compressions, tilt the head back and check for breathing.
6. If they are not breathing normally, give 2 breaths, each lasting one second.
7. Continue until help arrives.
cpr on infants
2. Check the infant for unresponsiveness by shouting and tapping gently on their shoulder.
3. If they are unresponsive, begin chest compressions using one hand.
4. Give 30 compressions at a rate of 100 per minute.
5. Then open the airway and give 2 breaths.
6. Continue until help arrives.