Say No to Drinking and Driving
By: Ami Barraza
5 Facts on Drinking and Driving
- On average, a drunk driver will drive 80 times under the influence before their first arrest.
- Every 90 seconds, someone is injured from a drunk driving incident.
- In 2011, 9,878 people were victims of drunk drivers.
- 211 children were killed in drunk driving crashes in 2010. Of those 211 children, 62 percent were riding in the car with the impaired driver.
- Traffic accidents are the leading cause of death for teens, and roughly one-third of these accidents involve alcohol or another substance.
30 Ways DWI Can Affect Your Life
- Your license gets taken away.
- It's going to be in your record.
- You can lose your job.
- Your insurance will double.
- If you get another DWI it will charge longer.
- When are you trying to get a job you have to check yes when it say "Have you ever been convicted of a crime."
- You will have to pay a surcharge to the Texas Department which can be up to 1,000 per year.
- Police officers can see that you have gotten a DWI.
- You can become homeless
- You can't live in a apartment because they think you are a serial killer
- You have to have one of the things to blow in it for your car.
- You get house arrest.
- You can get probation.
- Car get pounded
- You can't leave the country