Mrs. Dearmon's Rockin' Fourth Grade
March 21st - March 25th
- We had a wonderful trip to the James River on Wednesday. I have attached some pictures below for you to see. I have also attached some pictures of our circuit building that we did in science this week.
- The students will be receiving instructions for their electricity bedroom project this week. The project is due on Tuesday, April 5th. Electricity and Magnetism test on Thursday. Morning review at 7:45 on Thursday morning.
- Field Day is Friday from 9 am - 11am. Thank you to all who volunteered to help out. We are in need of some watermelon donations and help serving. I have attached the link.
Please consider helping out in this way if you can.
What is Going on This Week in Curriculum?
Mrs. Dearmon's Math Class
- Monday: We begin our unit on measurement. Today we will be reviewing the customary units for measuring length. The students are required to memorize the equivalent measurements between inches, feet, yards, and miles.
- Tuesday we will be learning to measure items using a ruler and measuring to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
- Wednesday we continue measurement practice and we will have a short quiz on customary length measurement.
- Thursday we work on converting between units in customary length. The students will be allowed to use a calculator to help with this.
- Friday we will not have math due to Field Day.
We will continue daily with the multiplication speed tests. Please continue to review.
It is really important for students to study their skip counting (on Edmodo) and math facts. Multiplication.com is a great website that is fun to review facts.
Ms. Olmeda's Math Class
- We will finish up our measurement unit this week.
- Monday and Tuesday will serve as a review day with students to continue practicing conversions.
- Students will take their unit test on Wednesday.
- We will begin our new unit (elapsed time) on Thursday. Unfortunately, we will not have math on Friday due to Field Day. The students need to continue to study their measurements and conversions on a consistent basis.
- Independent reading each day.
- Mrs. Dearmon's groups will continue with our book groups. The students are reading independently and with the small group. There are questions being completed in class and there will be short quizzes along the way.
- Newspaper and spectrum will be completed this week.
- We continue with the writing process of our biographies.
- The next steps are editing, revising, peer conferencing, teacher conferences, and then final copies.
We will have a busy week finishing up on our unit on electricity!
- Monday: We continue our exploration of circuits by learning about series and parallel circuits and switches.
- Tuesday: We will be reviewing our notes on circuits and completing a review activity. I will also be introducing the project the students will have on circuits. I will send an email with more information Wednesday. The project will be due Tuesday, April 5th. The students will receive a review guide to begin filling in for the test.
- Wednesday: We will be reviewing for the test on magnetism and electricity by playing Jeopardy. The review guide will be due tomorrow.
- Thursday: The students will be having their test on electricity and magnetism. I will be offering a morning review session at 7:45.
I have also added some review activities on the Edmodo site for the class.
- None this week
Spring Run Elementary Room 500
Fourth Grade Teacher