by: Najae' Thompson
Plasma or Cell Membrane
- The Cell Membrane description is like a screen door it lets certain things in.
- The cell membrane is made of protein and phospholipids.
- The function is to protect the cell from its surroundings.
- The cell membrane is located in BOTH animal and plant cells.
- Clear, thick, jellylike material
- Organelles found inside cell membrane
- Function:Supports and protects cell organelles
- Cytoplasm is in both cells.
- Descriptions: Large, oval, holds DNA
- Functions: Controls cell activities & contain the DNA material of the cell
- Nucleus located in both cells.
- Descriptions: Surrounds nucleus
- Function: controls material entering & exiting the nucleus
- nuclear membrane is located both cells.
- Description: Found inside the cells nucleus
- Function: make ribosomes
- Found in both cells
- Descriptions: Paired structure neat the nucleus
- Function: Separate chromosomes pairs during cell division(mitosis).
- Found in animal cells
- Descriptions: Is made of DNA, RNA, and nuclear proteins.
- Function: are to package DNA into volume to fit in the cells.
- found in both cells.
- Descriptions: Stacks of flattened sacks, pancakes.
- Function: Modify protein made by cells
- Golgi Appartatus ia in both cells.
- Descriptions: Connects to Nuclear envelope & Cell Membrane
- Function: Carried materials through cells.
- Endoplasmic Reticulum is located in both cells.
- Descriptions: Peanut Shape, Double Membrane
- Function: Breaks down sugar molecules to release energy.
- Mitochondria located in both cells.
- Descriptions: A green, oval shape.
- Function: Chloroplast uses energy from sun to make energy for the plant.
- Chloroplast located in plants.
- Description: Round and very small, with a single membrane
- Function: Breaks down large food molecule into smaller.
- lysosomes is found in both plant and animal cells.
- Description: Are small, membrane enclosed organelles.
- Function: Absorbs nutrients, and is very good at digesting fatty acids.
- Peroxisomes is located in both cells
- Description: Fluid-filled sac, and the largest organelle in the plant cell.
- Function: Stores food, water, toxic waste
- Vacuole is located in both cells
- Description: A jelly like rectangle that contains micro-tubes.
- Function: Strengthen cells & maintain the shape, moves organelles within the cell.
- Located in both cells.