LVES 19-20 January's News
Game On! Let's Create Champions!
How can you support the Mission and Vision of the School?
- Wednesday January 15th: WEATHER AND SAFETY DRILLS
- Friday January 17th: Awards Ceremony
- Monday January 20th: HOLIDAY MLK DAY
- Saturday January 25th: Community Garage Sale 8:00 to 12:00
- Monday January 17th: Essilor vision clinic coming
- Friday January 24th: The 100s day of school.
- Thursday January 30th: Spring Pictures
Important to know!
- February 7th Jump for Heart/Jump Rope Family Night
- February 20th: 4th & 5th grade PTA performance and Coffee Talk with Principal and SMART Talk digital safety event
- March 26th:Kinder PTA performance/Mathnasium Math Night
- April 23rd: Multicultural Night
STAAR Test dates
- April 7th: 4th Grade Writing/5th Grade Math STAAR
- April 8th: 5th Grade Reading STAAR
- May 11th: 3rd & 4th grade Math STAAR/5th grade Math STAAR retesters
- May 12th: 3rd & 4th grade Reading STAAR/5th grade Reading STAAR retesters
2018-2019 Federal Report Card
Federal Report Cards for the state, the district, and each of the district’s campuses are now available on the district’s website at this link: Insert district link or are also available on the Texas Education Agency’s website at: https://tea.texas.gov/Finance_and_Grants/Grants/Federal_Report_Card/.
If you have difficulty accessing the information from the website, hard copies of the reports are available at the district or campus office. If you have questions about the information, please contact Insert contact Principal Valdes at 469-713-5995
Indoor yard sale on Jan. 25th! Donations? We'd love to have them!
A message from Our Librarian!
Hello Pony Parents! We are starting out the year with lots of reading opportunities in the library! Students 3rd -5th grade have an unlimited number of books they can check out! That is right, we are working on becoming responsible library users by giving them the opportunity to check out as many books as they need at a time. The only catch is that they need to be returned before they are overdue. This helps create a practice of returning books as soon as they are done reading them.
Students also have an opportunity to serve as library leaders by becoming Junior Librarians. During their time here they learn our library system and skills to navigate our shelves. Students apply for this position and are recommended by their teachers!
Our Makerspace is still a happening place in the library! Students are encouraged to use The Engineering Design Process to think critically and problem solve their way through all our activities.
Here is a link to all the items we have: https://www.smore.com/app/pages/preview/rugy4
Second Step Curriculum
This month, our school wide theme is emotion management. In our morning announcements and school assembly we’ll be prompting students to notice their own feelings by paying attention to clues in their bodies, and we’ll be reminding them to use their Second Step skills to calm down:
- Stop—Use your signal
- Name your feeling
- Calm down: Breathe, count, use positive self-talk
These skills help students calm down strong emotions when faced with learning and social challenges, which helps them succeed academically and get along well with others.
Second Step lessons specifically teach about calming down strong emotions such as anger, disappointment, frustration, and anxiety. You’ll be receiving Home Links that describe why managing strong emotions is important and include fun activities to do with your child to help him or her identify strong feelings and calm down. We hope the Home Links will give you tools to use together when your child is upset.
Please tell your child’s teacher if you have questions about how you can help your child learn to calm down at home.
I am happy to introduce my administration team at Lewisville Elementary.
1st, 3rd, & 4th Grade Administrator
Casey Winterroth-Meyer, M. Ed.
School Coordinator of Discipline and Parent Involvement
Kinder, 2nd, & 5th Grade Administrator