Friday February 19th, 2021
Sato Elementary School
Wed. 2/24 - Staff Development Day - No School for Students and No Book Bus
Wed. 2/24 - Walk or Roll in your Neighborhood (see below for details)
Thurs.2/25 - Incoming Kindergarten FAQ Zoom Session 5:00-6:00 (see details below)
3/1-3/5 - Read Across America Week
3/5 - Raccoon Read In 7:00pm
Wed. 3/3 - Bring your pet to the Book Bus!!
3/22-3/26 - Spring Break
Amazing Community Support!
Wet Weather Doesn’t Mean You Need to Stay Inside!
Join K-12 students and families for a wintery walk or roll in your neighborhood on February 24th!
The following tips can help keep you safe and comfortable while walking and rolling in Winter:
- Be Safe – Stay 6 feet away from those not in your household and wear a mask.
- Be Seen – Wear bright, reflective clothing, use a bike light, and stay alert on dark, winter days.
- Be Prepared – Dress for the weather. Rain gear and warm layers keep you dry and comfortable all season long.
After your trip, visit the link below and fill out the form to earn a raffle prize. 25 raffle prizes will include: reflective umbrella, clip-on safety light, bicycle seat cover and bicycle light! Tag #BSDtogether #BSDsaferoutes to be featured on BSD’s social media accounts.
Sato Loves to Read
Read-a-thon Fundraiser extended to March 5th!!
SECO's Read-a-thon Fundraiser
Due to recent weather events and to give our Raccoon Readers more time to read and more opportunities to raise money, we have extended the end date to March 5th.
The Read-a-thon will culminate in a Live Streamed Read In!! Because our last Read In was so popular we have shifted to using a YouTube Live Stream with no limits on participation!
More details to come!!
Cedar Mill & Bethany Library Feb Newsletter
February's issue features:
- Current Services at Cedar Mill & Bethany Libraries
- Parent Information Series: Join us for one or all of our virtual parenting series on Zoom. All sessions are free, but registration is required. Upcoming workshops include Positive Parenting to Create a Happy Home on March 4 and Supporting Dual Language Learners on March 16.
- Picture Books by Black Authors: Own voices picture books great for K-2nd grade.
- Fantastic Fiction by Black Authors: New own voices titles for ages 8+
- Mindfulness and Meditation for Kids: Encourage kids to breathe, slow down and be present.
- Experiment Books for Young Scientists: Science experiments that even young children can do with adult help.
- Distance Learning Resources: Your libraries are ready to support parents, teachers and other caregivers with resources for distance learning. Find live tutoring, homework help, online reference materials, e-books, writing help and much more for all grades in both English and Spanish.
- Virtual Read to the Dogs program for beginning or struggling readers with DoveLewis Canine Therapy Team!
2020-21 State Testing Update
Under the Student Assessment Bill of Rights, the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) and Oregon’s school districts must provide families with a Notice of Statewide Tests and Opt-out Form 30 days before the start of statewide testing.
This year, school has been significantly disrupted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and other factors. In response, ODE plans to ask the United States Department of Education for a temporary pause (also known as a “waiver”) in English Language Arts (ELA) and Math testing. A pause is also being requested for science testing, but science testing is not subject to this opt-out rule.
If this waiver request is approved, then statewide ELA and Math testing will not happen this year, and there will be no need for parents to submit opt-out forms to their child’s school.
If the waiver request is not approved, test windows will open on March 4, 2021.
ODE will update the district regularly with news about the waiver.
Calling all 2021-22 Kindergartners!!! It's time to Register!!
To Register for Kindergarten Visit: https://www.beaverton.k12.or.us/departments/enrollments
For more information email: email@example.com
How can we help?
Also, please don't hesitate to contact Laurie White our school counselor with needs that will help your your family. All requests for assistance are confidential and we will do our best to help your family.