How to avoid and be aware of what fraud is.
Fraud...what is it?
Fraud is an intentional deception for gain. Here are a few examples of what fraud may "look" like:
- Email or text message from the bank or other source looking for information such as account number or personal information.
- Online retailer selling products to you, which you will never receive.
- "Work at home" scheme in which you are being schemed and you are given instructions to scheme others.
Stay away fraud!
Simple ways to avoid fraud.
- DO NOT reply to emails or texts asking for account numbers or information.
- DO SOME RESEARCH! If you are not sure...find out!
- If it is too good to be true, simply STAY AWAY.