Social Skills in the Library
Approaches to Learning in the PYP and MYP
IN THE LIBRARY, WE...
follow our Essential Agreements and we...
- take care of materials checked out.
- return books and other materials on time.
- keep our library and shelves organized.
- focus on tasks in the library and complete tasks appropriately.
- understand our purpose for being in the library.
- listen to others.
- wait patiently when needed.
- recognize and respect other people's choices and beliefs.
- state our own opinions without hurting others.
- are open minded
- solving problems by talking it out.
- listen carefully to others.
- compromise on decisions and materials.
- react reasonably to situations in the library.
- accept responsibility for ourselves and consequences.
- are fair to others using the library.
Adopt a variety of group roles
- understand what behaviour is appropriate in different library situations.
- know when to be a leader or follower.