The Dangers Of Binge Drinking
Is it really worth it?
Health 2nd Per.
What Is Binge Drinking?
The consumption of an exessive amount of alcohol in a short period of time.
Why do people binge drink?
- People are curious to the feeling of binge drinking.
- Think it might make them feel good.
- Think it will reduce they're stress.
- Want to feel more mature.
(A stressed out person)
Dangers of binge drinking:
- Committing suicide.
- Committing murder.
- Committing child abuse.
- Committing Domestic violence.
- Getting high blood pressure.
- Risk of getting a heart attack.
- Inflammation of: the stomach, pancreas, brain, or spinal cord.
- Catching an STD.
- Poor control of diabetes.
(A child crying due to domestic violence)
- 90% or more of all alcohol consumed by underage drinkers is consumed during binge drinking.
- More than 38 million adults binge drink in the U.S.
- Binge drinkers binge drink about 4 times a month.
- The age group with the most binge drinkers is 18-34 years.
- People over 65 years old binge drink the most often.
- Most alcohol-impaired drivers had binge drinked.
People who binge drink in the U.S (2010):
Binge drinking is not worth it it could lead to damage that can never be fixed. Don't begin to binge drink and if you already do, try to stop.