CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
- The school purchased 60 Bintiva balance discs that were distributed to classrooms for students. You may have seen a few Hokki stools in classrooms. This is another option of flexible seating that still provides students the ability to wiggle in their seat without falling over. Students are loving them and once our budget rolls over in January, we may look at purchasing more.
- The PTO is still looking for a few volunteers to help cover morning gym duty for teachers next Tuesday, December 20th. As part of teacher appreciation, they cover morning duty (7:30-7:45 a.m.) so that teachers can eat breakfast that is provided by the PTO. We are looking for 3 wonderful helpers to work in the gym until the teachers come to pick up their students. If interested in working in the gym or helping out in other ways, please sign up here.
- Please read the note about the upcoming EBL playoffs and Super Saturday schedule. Mr. Shipley will be needing parent volunteers to work a shift during Super Saturday in the concession stand. Each school must have 10 volunteers help out. If interested, please contact Mr. Shipley.
- The school grades were published in The Republic newspaper earlier this week. On the A-F model, CSA Lincoln scored an "A" for last year!
Have a great weekend!
Congratulations to Tristan for winning the D.A.R.E. essay contest for 6th grade at CSA Lincoln! He was awarded a medal at the D.A.R.E. graduation this past Monday night!
Tristan receiving his medal!
Bender Lumber-Friendship Bench
Representatives from Bender Lumber met with kindergarteners to talk about the friendship bench they will be helping to make. Bender Lumber is donating the supplies and work to help with this project! Each student also got their own tool belt!
From the Nurse's Desk
EBL Playoffs and Super Saturday
- Tuesday, January 17th- CSA Lincoln vs. Smith Elementary @ Clifty Creek- 5:30 p.m.
Second Round Basketball Game
- If we win the first round we would play Wednesday, January 18th @ Clifty Creek vs. Clifty Creek- First game starts at 5:30 p.m.
Super Saturday Event Schedule
Saturday January 21st, 2016 @ Columbus North H.S.
1. Doors open @ 7:30 a.m.
2. First boy’s semi-final game begins @ 8 a.m.
3. Second boy’s semi-final game begins @ 9:15 a.m.
4. First girl’s semi-final game begins @ 10:30 a.m.
5. Second girl’s semi-final game begins @ 11:45 a.m.
Clear Gym after final semi-final game
6. Re-open doors @ 1:45 p.m. for the start of Cheer Day
7. Cheer starts approximately at 2:30 p.m. ending around 4:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Clear Gym after Cheer competition
8. Re-open doors @ 5:30 p.m.
9. Boy’s championship game starts approximately 6 p.m. to 6:10 p.m.
10. Girl’s championship game starts approximately 7:30-7:40 p.m.
M.A.T.H. Bowl- Starting in January
Who? 4th-6th grade students who like math or are good at math!
When? Practices will be every Thursday after school until 3:40 p.m. starting on January 12th. Area competition- Thursday, February 23rd.
Who is the coach- The fabulous Mr. Sterling, 5th grade.
What needs to happen between now and then? Permission slips were given out to teachers. Complete the permission slip and return to the main office.
What else? All team members get a FREE team t-shirt!
Third Grade Holiday Concert
Antler Ring Toss...Hoof Hockey Game...North Pole Vault...Fruitcake Shot Put Throw...Housetop Hurdles...Dancing with the Claus...Snow Volleyball...the Amazing Race Around the World
What could this possibly be? Why it's The Reindeer Games of course.
We would love for you to come to see the third grade with a special performance by the CSA Choir.
Date: Monday, December 19
Time: 6:30 pm (If you are unable to make it at 6:30, we will have a 9:00 am performance.)
Where: Central Middle School Grey Box Theatre
Student Artwork at KidsCommons
We have many students whose artwork will be on display at the Kidscommons for the next couple of weeks! We also have a coupon for any CSA Lincoln families to use that will get you $2 off for up to 4 people! The coupon is linked here. The coupon needs to be presented when paying for tickets to receive the discount!
Please go check out the artwork and support our talented students!
Here are the students with artwork being displayed:
Maria-Paula Benavente Torres
CSA Columbus Holiday Ride
Registration link and event info is here.
From the Nurse's desk:
Illness: Students experiencing illnesses at school should notify the teacher. The student is then assessed by the nurse. If the student is too ill to remain in the classroom, the parent/guardian is called and expected to arrange for the child’s care.
Criteria for sending a student home or when to keep the student at home:
• Temperature of 100 degrees or more • Vomiting and/or diarrhea
• Inflamed eye with drainage • Severe pain
• Persistent cough • Open, draining sores
Return to school when fever free for 24 hours without medication or when vomiting/diarrhea has stopped. A student that develops reddened eyes with thick, yellow drainage may return after being seen by a physician and may return when eyes are clear after 24 hours with a note from the physician.
If your child is diagnosed with strep throat, staph infection, mono, conjunctivitis, fifth's disease, chicken pox or any other communicable condition, please report this to the school nurse as soon as possible.
Husky Gram Winners
Abriel Nease- Romero
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
What is REMIND?
Principals everywhere are forgetting their complex phone trees and are using Remind as a simple way to keep their colleagues in the loop and build community at their schools.
Click on the Get Connected with REMIND above this article.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!