WHS College and Career Center
SAT Registration Information
Students have two registration options: online registration and postal mail registration. To register your child online, go to the College Board website. To register your child by mail, your child must get an SAT Paper Registration Guide from the college guidance office at his or her school. https://sat.collegeboard.org/register
ACT Registration Information
1. https://services.actstudent.org/OA_HTML/actibeCAcdLogin.jsp (Quickest Link)
What You Need to sign up:
1. About 40 mins
2. Credit Card for payment
3. Head shot Photo
FEE WAIVERS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER!
Applying To College
Students should apply to college the fall of their senior year. One reason, is because colleges do not give any scholarships until students have applied and been accepted to the college. You can receive some scholarships just by applying to the college! Many colleges also have scholarship deadlines to apply. Another reason is that colleges will start sending you information and timelines once you apply. They will help keep you on track to be ready for next fall.
1. Fill out college application. Most applications are found on the ApplyTexas website.
2. Most colleges require entrance exam like the ACT/SAT or COMPASS.
3. Have your transcripts sent to the college.
4. Some colleges require an admission fee. Fee waivers are available for students on free or reduced lunch.
Many colleges will communicate with you through email and your student accounts you create. Make sure you list an email that you use often now and one you plan to keep when you go to college. Also keep track of your username and passwords to the college portals.
- Graduation Pictures for the yearbook- OCT 4 & 5
- Montgomery County College Night - Oct 11 6:30-8:30PM
- Senior Parent Meeting- Oct 24
- Cap & Gown Assembly- Nov 7
- Cap & Gown Orders- Nov 10 & 11
- College Visits Sheets are in College and Career Center
- Brag Sheets are in College and Career Center for recommendation letter!